Connect trunk release with alarm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect trunk release with alarm

Hi all, iīm new here. I want to open the trunk with the 2nd channel of the car alarm. The alarm is a Prestige APS-25CH. The instalation manual says this:

DARK BLUE WIRE: 300 mA PULSED OUTPUT/CHANNEL 2
    The dark blue wire pulses to ground via an independent RF channel from the keychain transmitter. This is a
    transistorized, low current output, and should only be used to drive an external relay coil.
    WARNING: Connecting the dark blue wire to the high current switched output of trunk release circuits
    or some remote starter trigger inputs, will damage the control module.
    Connect the dark blue wire to terminal 86 of the AS-9256 relay (or equivalent 30 A automotive relay) and wire
    the remaining relay contacts to perform the selected function of channel 2.

I already have the relay. The thing is that i donīt know what to connect to the other terminals.

You can use a four or five terminal relay for this and the connections are as follows.

Connect terminal 85 to your alarm
    Connect terminal 86 to ground
    Connect terminal 30 to live supply form car
    Connect terminal 87 to trunk release

Hope this is what you need, there is more on relays here

Andy
    2Fast's Tumbleweed - Spag bol's Tumbleweed - 2Fast's site

Comment

and what is the 87a for?

Comment

87a is a normally closed (NC) terminal. It's a switch that is normally closed when no power is applied to the coil (when you are not pressing the button on your remote)
        Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

oh yeah, also check that your trunk release is a pulse high or a pulse low to find you if 30 should be connected to ground or to the +12 signal (On mine, it should be connected to ground). Try this test, if you touch the trunk release wire to a nice ground point, did your trunk open? if not, try a better ground (to make sure) or a +12 signal.
          Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

Working...
          X