Carnetix 1260 LED WONT TURN OFF!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix 1260 LED WONT TURN OFF!

When I go to test the battery power it blinks the 2.1 times then it stays on. It says it should stay off in the manual but doesn't say why it would stay on can someone help?

also anyone know any good sites with wiring diagrams of cars? I have no idea where the ignition wire is in my car.

Comment

Hello anyone out there with a 1260 know the answer? I found the ignition wire but its not putting out enough wire. I saw someone talk about using a wire behind the fuse box to make theirs work but I have no idea what wire that is.

Comment

what do you mean "it's not pulling out enough wire?"
        If you mean that the ignition wire is not long enough to reach your 1260, just use a length of wire bought from anywhere (about the same size as the one on your 1260) to make it reach.

P.S. it doesn't have to be the ignition wire, it can be any wire that goes from 0 to +12-14 volts when you turn your car on. Most people tap into their cigarette lighter or Accessory wire since they are usually switched with the ignition. Get your voltmeter and start hunting!
        Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by shamyday
          Most people tap into their cigarette lighter or Accessory wire since they are usually switched with the ignition. Get your voltmeter and start hunting!
          AWESOME! I didn't mean enough wire I meant enough power. I am going to go try and tap the cig lighter right now

Comment

cig lighter didn't work the thing with the 1260 is it is supposed to blink 2 times then 1 then 1 to signify 2.1 then the light is supposed to turn off. The light stays on and it does this when the ignition wire is not getting enough power. I have a multimeter which I have no idea how to use even after readon the instructions but meh I am a SUPER noob at this stuff its probably easily to you guys.

Comment

the whole thing sounds pretty strange. Test it out at the battery, to make sure that you are getting maximum voltages. Wire your + and - wires directly to the battery, then see if touching the Carnetix ignition wire to the + of the battery gives you the behavior you expect. It just isn't going to get better than that for maximum power.
              Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

Yeah, hook up the Carnetix directly to the battery and see what you get. Hook the + to + and - to -, of course. Then touch the wire that is supposed to sense the ignition to the + terminal to simulate the key being turned on.

The multimeter hooks the + lead to the + 12v terminal and - lead to the - terminal of the battery, (of course). Make sure the meter is set to measure volts. You may have to set the range on it to get a proper reading. Ultimately, you should get a readout of something like 12.2 volts or thereabouts. Once you have it set properly, you can go searching about your car for an ignition wire by grounding the - lead and trying different wires with the + lead. You'll get a voltage readout when you've got the right wire.

Also, post up on the Carnetix forum if you think the 1260 is defective. They can help.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

ARGH!!!!11!!!!11!1

the damn thing works.....I just forgot to ground it. When I saw Macmini's post it clicked

I have been working on this since 11:30 and all it was was the damn ground!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X