powerin carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerin carputer

ok ok i know this has prob been said somewhere before, but i'm buggered if i can find it,
    my question is, if i get a say 300w invertor and wire it directly to the battery and fused of corse, can i then plug a normal household powerboard into it to power the lilliput 7' touchscreen and computer?

cheers

sean

Yes, the inverter takes the 12V DC from your car and "inverts" it to AC. You can then plug in regular AC power supplies/devices to it.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
    : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
    : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

awesome, but wat mainly worries me is it it ok to plug a powerboard into it?, also is 300watts enough?

cheers

sean

Comment

powerboard? what the hell is a powerboard?

*googles*

why would you want to plug in an electric skateboard in your car?
        http://www.exkate.com/ecom/stores_ap...1&parent_ids=0

but seriously... if "powerboard" is, as I suspect, a slang term for one of these:

then you should be OK. just make sure the inverter can handle the load of all the stuff you plug into it. if you are powering just a computer and lilliput and not much else, 300W should be OK as long as it's not an extremely beefy computer.
        But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
        Originally posted by Viscouse
        I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
        eegeek.net

Comment

cheers mate !!!

Comment

Working...
          X