Shut down/Start up problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut down/Start up problem

Ok, This is my first carpc. But i know enought about electronics that I know somethings wrong here. I hooked up the carPC EZ V2.4 with my carputer last night to test it out. (its currently in a spare case i had around) just to test it. i already have the power invertor wired and all the other wires ran. i hooked everything up. i gave the accessory wire power (mimicing the car turning on) and after a few seconds the power invertor turns on, allong with the appropriate led. a few seconds later the computer turns on. a few seconds later the amps. a few seconds later the screen. but as soon as the screen gets to the user password screen, before i can type anything it says shutting down and turns the computer off, then a few seconds after its off it turns back on and just repeats forever. if i disconnect the wires that goto the motherboard power switch and hook it up to the real switch and turn the comp on manually it works fine. so it has to be the unit turning the computer off by itself, but everything else stays on fine and the car is running at 12.4 v cuz i just charged the battery and have a digital volt meter. So does anyone know why this would happen? because the whole point of the unit i paid $75 for is that it will turn the comptuer on and off. if i have to do it manually or make my own relay thing then i could have done that for the rest of the stuff too. so can anyone help me diagnos this problem?
    www.campusmischief.com

Sounds like bad wiring. I dont have an auto on off switch in my system yet but it sounds like the switch trigger is being held down the whole time. Which would turn the system on then at the password part it would shutdown and repeat. I dont know just a thought.
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Use the meter to check and see if the power on switch is being held constantly on or not by the carPC EZ.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

check the output to the motherboard or the 12v switch for the startup unit. cuz the start up unit is supposed to have constant power the same as a radio would to tell it to be on. but yeah. the outpout for the car should only work for a few seconds just enough to switch it. but if it was holding it constant then the power supply would turn off after 8 seconds by itself without shutting down in windows..... it makes no sense. ill check the thing with a meter tho
        www.campusmischief.com

Comment

Originally posted by campusmischief
          Ok, This is my first carpc. But i know enought about electronics that I know somethings wrong here. I hooked up the carPC EZ V2.4 with my carputer last night to test it out. (its currently in a spare case i had around) just to test it. i already have the power invertor wired and all the other wires ran. i hooked everything up. i gave the accessory wire power (mimicing the car turning on) and after a few seconds the power invertor turns on, allong with the appropriate led. a few seconds later the computer turns on. a few seconds later the amps. a few seconds later the screen. but as soon as the screen gets to the user password screen, before i can type anything it says shutting down and turns the computer off, then a few seconds after its off it turns back on and just repeats forever. if i disconnect the wires that goto the motherboard power switch and hook it up to the real switch and turn the comp on manually it works fine. so it has to be the unit turning the computer off by itself, but everything else stays on fine and the car is running at 12.4 v cuz i just charged the battery and have a digital volt meter. So does anyone know why this would happen? because the whole point of the unit i paid $75 for is that it will turn the comptuer on and off. if i have to do it manually or make my own relay thing then i could have done that for the rest of the stuff too. so can anyone help me diagnos this problem?
          The most likely problem is that you don't have the PC monitor wires connected (the white molex connector). If you aren't going to use that, then you must disable the PC Monitor in the configuration settings.

Edit: Anyone who has any trouble installing our hardware should submit a ticket on our website at http://carpc.kyferez.com/support/helpdesk/default.php

KyferEz
          TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
          PSU Wattage Calculator
          Electronics Calculators
          Copper Wire Data

Comment

Working...
          X