I swear this belongs in this forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear this belongs in this forum

When I go to power uptions under properties from the advanced power settings I should see the choice that says "when i press the power buttons on my computer" it looks like

I do not have these options, I have a azza 693btx mobo running xp pro. I have chosen laptop power scheme as per opus instructions

I ask this because my opus can turn my computer on, but i have to manually turn it off. I had the same problem with my m1-atx when I was using it. When i turn my computer off in the house i have to hold the power button for like 3 seconds to shut off. I assume that the opus 150 and the m1-atx both send a shorter pulse than my mobo needs to shut down. I am wondering if i can change this setting
    My OLD carputer page
    My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

I'm having the same problem with my computer. I think it is because Windows isn't seeing the computer as ACPI compatible.

It is definitely something with Windows and not your power supply. It's seeing the momentary switch as a 'hard off' and the bios just kills power to the mobo.

Are you using Windows XP?

Check your device manager and under 'Computer' make sure it says ACPI somewhere in the description. If it just says "Standard PC" like mine does, Windows is not Auto-detecting your bios is ACPI compatible.

If this is the case, you have to reinstall Windows to change the ACPI driver. Basically in the Windows setup when it asks you to press F6 to install 3rd party raid or SCSI drivers, you hit F5 and after a few seconds it will go to a screen where you can pick your computer type. Hit the up and down arrow keys and choose 'ACPI Uniprocessor PC' or 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC'.

I tried choosing the 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC' option and Windows setup didn't finish properly, so I'll have to try the other option, but I've heard this is a way to enable the 'Power Buttons' option in the Power Options settings.

Hope this helps....

I'll let you know if I get mine working...
    Current:
    2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

Comment

More than likely, your BIOS wasn't setup for ACPI-compliance before Windows was installed.

I'm certain it's possible to go into the BIOS, setup ACPI and then boot into Windows and configure it properly.
      Hell, you'd think that it would be easy, right?
      Far from it, sadly.

I've only gotten the ACPI functionality working properly by reinstalling Windows. If there's a way around it, I don't know what it is.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You might have to forced window's install to install ACPI. It is one of the Fx keys, you press during install.
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

deal is, that its a ***** to reinstall windoze w/ such an old mobo, i guess i'll just manually shut down untill around christmas when i plan on getting epia. I don't want to bother with reinstalling on this machine, its a pain in the ***
          My OLD carputer page
          My NEW carPC

Comment

Is ACPI enabled in BIOS? Sometimes windows will install the needed drivers when you enable and reboot. Maybe try disabling, reboot in windows, then enable and reboot in windows.
            ODYSSEY

Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

from everything that i've read, darque is right
              My OLD carputer page
              My NEW carPC

Comment

Mine giving me the same problem, but no ACPI settings in BIOS. It's a new enough board for ACPI though - PII 433.
                Current:
                2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309283
                  HAL options after Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 Setup

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;299340
                  How to force a Hardware Abstraction Layer during an upgrade or an installation of Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;237556
                  How to Troubleshoot Windows 2000 Hardware Abstraction Layer Issues
                  ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Go to device manager, click the plus next to the computer, right click, update driver, install from specific location, don't search. I will choose the driver to install, unclick show compatible hardware, pick the new HAL you want.
                    ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X