How many power will these 2 setups take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many power will these 2 setups take

I'm building a car-pc in my BMW 316i E36.
    First off all i'm planning for 2 ideas. I have a Acer Aspire 1600 laptop with a P4 2.4 GHz, 768MB DDR, Radeon 9000, and a 30 GB harddrive.

I can buy a car adapter for this and then put the laptop in the back and use a 7" Touchscreen TFT In-Dash in the front. I know this isnt a low-power laptop but it is possible.

The other pc that i still need to build, is a Celeron 600 MHz pc with 256MB SDram and only a 20GB laptop harddisk. No other peripherals. Will this system do enough with a 60 W powersupply, and how fast will my battery go low? i thought my battery was something like 56A

Cheers

I would plug your system specs into a power calculator, as they are pretty accurate.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

The power calculators around on this forum are allmost only for VIA Epia pc's and some other fast setups, but not what i had in mind. I think the celeron 600 pc with only a laptop harddisk attached will not be that different compared to the epia 1200

Anyway, does someone here have some timings on how long they can use their car-pc's when the engine is off?

Comment

this depends greatly on batteryXcomputerXpsu.... one mans hour will be the other mans minute!
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
        X