DIY Opus 150 5v Stndby power cut mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Opus 150 5v Stndby power cut mod

The purpose of this thread is to document with pictures and diagrams the Opus 150 modifycation that you can pay for from opus. This modification will allow you to cut the 5v power to your USB devices if you so desire without modifying one of the ATX cables. I belive they charge ~25+shipping

To help accomplish this threads goals i will need to see some close up pictures of peoples Opus 150's that have had this modification done.

If anyone has had this modifcation done and can trouble themselves to snap some quick pictures then please post them.

Thanks

I will be updateing this thread with the progress and hope to have a complete tutorial for the benifit of all users confident enough in doing it themselves.

PS
    If you don't have a positive input or are not wanting to help with the threads goals please don't post. And if you are just going to tell me to use relays on the ATX cable save it. That is not what i am going for here.
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Nice Effort m8!

It isnt about the 25U$, but just to send my opus half way around the world would be impossible/stupid!
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Yea its the shipping that kills and for 2 wires and jumper its a bit much for us who feel comfortable doing it ourselves.

Here is a link to a guys website that has some pictures. they arent clear though
      http://www.fmev.com/opusmod3/opusmod3.html

Comment

Probably after the oct meet I will pull the opus out and try to get better pics of their mod. I know that the pics are not good, but in one pic of the bottom of the opus, the black chip is soldered and the wire that comes from the top is also soldered to the chip.
        The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
        CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
        PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
        Memory:1G
        Drives:160gig
        WI-FI:Cingular
        GPS:IG2k9
        Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701
          Probably after the oct meet I will pull the opus out and try to get better pics of their mod. I know that the pics are not good, but in one pic of the bottom of the opus, the black chip is soldered and the wire that comes from the top is also soldered to the chip.
          Hey John,
          I saw you are coming to SickVette's meet...any chance you can help me perform the Opus mod at his house?
          2005 Black Chevy Impala
          Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Any idea what chip was soldered to the back?

Comment

help you with opus mod, sure. We can do the radio shack mod. Just get the parts from my site. fmev.com

what the chip is? dont know.
              The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
              CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
              PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
              Memory:1G
              Drives:160gig
              WI-FI:Cingular
              GPS:IG2k9
              Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
              The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Antimatter, have you thought about mailing Opus and asking for an instruction sheet? You could babble about being in zambia or somewhere that takes 3 months for return of postage if you want an excuse as to why you are seeking an alternate way of doing it.

Comment

Working...
                X