M1-ATX PSU to enable Amp startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX PSU to enable Amp startup

On the psu it has a 2pin fan connector (as you get on a motherboard) which is used to go to the memory part of your amp so that when the pc is turned on the amp gets turned on.
    The problem I'm facing is an amps memory only consists of 1 wire whereas on the psu it has the 2 pin connector.

How do I go about wiring this up?

Only one of those two pins needs to be connected to your amp's remote connection. It is the left one that you need to use. Hopefully you still have the manual, it's the left connector of J2. Orientation: make sure the writing "AMP ENA" on the PCB is upright.

If still not sure, use a multimeter prior to making your connection.
    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

You do not have to ground the other wire? I ran the (+) to my amps. The "other" one i connected to ground. I HOPE I didn't do anything wrong there..

Only thing is..I get a pop when my system shuts down. Not at the beginning like most people.
      My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

I use only the positive. No pop on either start up or shut down.
        EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Cheers guys.

Comment

I'm removing that "ground" wire then. shoot...i'll report back later.
            My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Working...
            X