Opus 150w vs. CarPC Pro v.2.4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus 150w vs. CarPC Pro v.2.4?

Hello everyone. I have spent many hours looking all over the site and reading all the posts. I am mostly focusing on the critical issue of powering the computer. I found a post specifically referring to the sequence that the regulator, etc. should hook up - but it seems that a lot of these newer manufactured products have a lot of built-in features.

I haven't decided on the computer or anything like that yet, i'm just trying to understand the difference between the products offered.

On the MP3Car.com site it lists the CarPC Pro 2.4 as a "Start up / Shutdown Controller" and the OPUS is a Power Supply but offers a lot of features that the CarPC Pro 2.4. Could someone please clarify on the differences of these 2 systems and how you would hook them together and how they interact?

Thank you, I really appreciate it. This should be the first question of many...

-Avaran

If you read and search a little more, you will find that the Opus is a FULL ATX PSU + SDC, the other is just a SDC. The Pro is somewhat has better SDC feature.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I see you have custom options on your own set up. I really like the functions of the stand-alone SDC. Would you recommend a good PSU that in your experience should work well with it?

Thanks.

Comment

Any PSU will work well with the CarPC Pro. I have P1900 and the CarPC pro 2.4 complements it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by JPuma
          Any PSU will work well with the CarPC Pro. I have P1900 and the CarPC pro 2.4 complements it perfectly.
          Not exactly.
          Most DC-DC PSUs mention on this site have build in SDC. SDC is (mostly) intended for people with Inverter and Keypower DC-DC PSU (which doesn't have a SDC).
          Well there are not that many DC-DC PSUs are available/exist anyway.

If you are comfortable with the soldering iron and a little "know how", you can build yourself a Sproggy PSU which I have. Do a search on Mastero/Sproggy to find more info. The SDC on this one is the cheapest and only do the sequencing (no other feature), but you can eleminate that part when build and use other SDC.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
          X