No announcement yet.

M1-ATX Power Supply in Dell Optiplex..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX Power Supply in Dell Optiplex..

Im trying to put this new power Supply in my Dell Optiplex GX260. http://www.cartft.com/support/doku/...-ATX-manual.pdf
    (for use in car) The problem is that it needs a M/B on/off switch. I think i might have to find to wires from the control panel or? Can somebody help me here?
    P4.1,8 - 512 ram - Power: M1-ATX 6-24V DC/DC - HU: Blaupunkt Seattle MP74 - Lcd: lilliput touch. - GPS rec. Navilock NL-202U ( USB).- 2 usb for ex. - 1 cardread. 9 in 1. - Softw.: MapMonkey - Frontend: Roadrunner

Wondering if you got any information, I am also looking to use my Optiplex GX260 in my car, and information i get i will also provide you.
    Dell Optiplex GX260- 7" Avatar Touchscreen- OPUS 150W power supply

Comment

what does the switch on the front of the computer connect to? connect it to that.

Comment

Originally posted by dorgan1983
        Wondering if you got any information, I am also looking to use my Optiplex GX260 in my car, and information i get i will also provide you.
        Cool, then we can help each other
        I started this thread at the HardwareBanter.com: http://www.computerbanter.com/showth...521#post453521

Hoping to try that!!! Or?

Btw. the Optiplex is cool for autopc-did use mine now for a year with an inverter..no probs.
        P4.1,8 - 512 ram - Power: M1-ATX 6-24V DC/DC - HU: Blaupunkt Seattle MP74 - Lcd: lilliput touch. - GPS rec. Navilock NL-202U ( USB).- 2 usb for ex. - 1 cardread. 9 in 1. - Softw.: MapMonkey - Frontend: Roadrunner

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100
          what does the switch on the front of the computer connect to? connect it to that.
          It just gives power on to the MB.. Like an inpuls. (brigde)

Comment

Originally posted by yokeren
            It just gives power on to the MB.. Like an inpuls. (brigde)

so connect the jumper on the M1-ATX to where the power switch used to go

Comment

hmmmm, I just found out that the power connector on the optiplex, the wiring is different from that of a normal 20 pin power connector, are you aware of that?? I wasnt.

Comment

hmmmm, I just found out that the power connector on the optiplex, the wiring is different from that of a normal 20 pin power connector, are you aware of that?? I wasnt.

so use a multimeter, figure out the pinout, and make an adapter

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100
                  so connect the jumper on the M1-ATX to where the power switch used to go
                  Sure, if it works like an on/off switch. I dont know!!!!

Comment

Yes.. There is an extra 12v for the MB..and it is a double 12v-dont know why!! We have to make an adapter.
                    The biggest problem is how to make a plug so we can take the pc out and use it normal-for updating aso.. Did you think about that?? Now I use an inverter so i can still connect it to "normal" power in my house. So here we have another problem...

Comment

Well I wasnt worried about using it in anything other than the car, as I have another desktop and two other laptops. What I would suggect though is not making the m1 popwer supply permanantly attached to the case, as the exsting power supply slips in and out easily, thats what I could suggest as far as that goes.

Do you have the pinouts for the power connector on the monther board??

Also the M1 that that supply enough wattage the factory installed power supply gives 160W where as the M1 supplies 90W

Comment

Just found this stuff. Might help us make the adapter. http://xtronics.com/reference/atx_pinout.htm

http://pinouts.ru/data/dell_atxpower_pinout.shtml

Comment

hmmm it seems looking at these that the power connector on the gx260 may be a normal ATX connector, I have been reading that dell hasnt been using proprietary connectors any more, any ideas??

Comment

You have to find the pins on the wires from the swith, you will find them together with the Jack and usb in the front.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...nl.htm#1099573
                            Attached Files

Comment

hmmm it seems looking at these that the power connector on the gx260 may be a normal ATX connector, I have been reading that dell hasnt been using proprietary connectors any more, any ideas??
                              The 20 pins are ok. We have to make xtra 12v power for MB.

Comment

Working...
                              X