Help with building your own DC to DC Power Supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with building your own DC to DC Power Supply

I would like to have a go at building a DC -> DC atx power supply for the car computer. Does anybody have a simple guide to building one? Something that has enough wattage and that is not to hard to build. Im a bit short of cash at the moment and thought that I might learn a bit from building one also. I would like to plunge into building the car computer but would like to get the power supply side of things sorted out first.

I have found guides to making shutdown/startup controller but not the power supply.

Thanks
    1998 Honda Accord LEV
    [-|-------------] Planning Stage

www.kiwiwebsite.com
    forum.studiofenix.com

There are a lot of people here designing power supplies. Probably to sell . Unless your gifted at power supply design you would be better of buying one. Because by the time your done making one you will probably spend more then it would cost to buy one.
    Although if you want to try dont listen to me. I spent about 40 bucks building a 15 amp regulator from scratch. I should probably modify it to 20 amps like i started out to build.

Make sure if you do buy one you get a good one. The pw200 is not regulated at 12volts, i had to find out the hard way.

If you do find a good schematic on building one let me know. I will spend another 100 bucks for fun. I'm so close to signing up for a power supply/electronics class at the local state college so i could design a kick *** power supply.

Anyways, good luck
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Here ya go. Mastero/Sproggy MK4.5 . It is the only easy DIY DC-DC PSU available. But, it's a PITA to get the needed parts.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
      X