computer makes a remote wire... help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer makes a remote wire... help

i need to make a remote 12V wire for my amps, but i need the sginal to be delayed so that the speakers dont pop when the cars starts.

i had heard that you can have a programe that runs on the computer when it starts up windows it also starts that program the just gives 12 volts on the parallel port, so just on like 1 or 2 ports it gives 12V for the remote wire.....any one heard of something like this........

Im pretty sure the parallel port doesnt carry anything but signal voltages, and even if it does, it's definately not gonna be 12V
    So Steve, how fast is your car?

Oh, about 1800mhz.

Comment

yes...its the DTR pin on the serial port that you mean

but you'll find it difficuolt to find anything to help cos i searched for ages on thsi subject

what i ended up doing was this ( i had shutDOWN thump)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57159

this may help you as the amp will get power just after the motherboard and then it'll power down before the board
      My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

ok i can make that but will that delay the signal a little bit

Comment

on the start up???

Comment

it should delay it enough because i don't get startup thump...
            but i can't guarantee it

Comment

figures a developer would make something so simple into something so complicated through software & computer control

I would just use the usb 5v feed off the motherboard to trip a relay that powers one of the many different turn on delays available for just this purpouse it should delay it enough I would think.... either that or use some other delay cicuit to extend the delay if that's not enough

your method may be cleaner in the end, but my method would be simple.... hope this helps
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

thanks ill try it out when i hook my computer back up

Comment

if you hooked in some kind of delayed-on signal WITH my method then you would definately cure both startup and shutdown thump

Comment

I just splitted the 12v wire from the molex of the psu and connected it to the remote of my amps and now it works like a charm.NO MORE THUMPS neither at startup nor shutdown.Try it,maybe it solves for you too, i'm not sure if it work with all the pc configuration.
                    Download our catalogue here :
                    http://www.noboringstuff.com/catalogoweb.zip

Comment

see thats where it varies from system to system, cos i did that first and i got shutdown thump but not startup thump

then i did the relay thing in my link and it works a treat now

Comment

dude, I think your thing is eactly the same as what I said, only difference is by using the usb 5v feed you should get a few more miliseconds each way on startup or shutdown.... the real point is that it's just electromechanical & not software driven......
                        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                        X