Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW-200M M1-ATX combo

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while but the project is finally up and running again. I decided I needed some extra power and I've bought a PW200M. I already had a M1-ATX.

Now the question is how to hook the combination up. I was thinking of the following: use the M1-ATX only to power up the computer and to power my screen. Use the PW200M to power the computer and hard drive and DVD-drive. I think I will need to do the PSU trick then with the M1-ATX(connect the green with a black) or it will never come on. But I was wondering if that will work since the M1 is an SDC as well.

Alternatively I could also power on the computer and power the mobo with the M1 and all the rest with the PW200M. The PW200M will then get the green-black connect. I guess this will work but then the PW200M will constantly be on(and probably the screen as well, which I don't want cause it's one of the motorized ones).

There's a possibility of using a relay, but I was hoping that the first option would be possible as well.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52477

Install: 90% complete

If you need additional power for the HD/DVD drives, you should look into Point Of Load (POI) PSU instead of the PWxxx. Either Carnetix or Opus has POI.
    There is a thread regarding to bypass the 12V rail of the PWxxx. I remember Evandude post in that thread.
    I actually do a for you
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Thanks Matrixpc,

The problem is, that I allready have the PW... so the carnetix and opus are not an option for the moment. I was going to put a capacitor for the input of the 12V of the PW... Wouldn't that work?

Still looking on how to get the combination to work.

Comment

I saw something last week on MP3car that would help to make the pw200m more efficient. It was a mod that had to do with soldering an external regulated source to the 200m. I'm looking to do this, possibly with the carnetix 1260 then being he external regulated source.

That would then deliver 60W regulated 12V en along with the 60W allready delivered by the 200m that would still be a solution. But then I first have to find the post of the mod again. Does anybody remember that mod?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SAPiens
          I saw something last week on MP3car that would help to make the pw200m more efficient. It was a mod that had to do with soldering an external regulated source to the 200m. I'm looking to do this, possibly with the carnetix 1260 then being he external regulated source.

That would then deliver 60W regulated 12V en along with the 60W allready delivered by the 200m that would still be a solution. But then I first have to find the post of the mod again. Does anybody remember that mod?

Thanks

Check MatrixPC post for a link to evandude's PW200 MOD.

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

omg I must be going here

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X