M1-ATX Wiring Diagram -W.I.P.-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX Wiring Diagram -W.I.P.-

This is a basic wiring diagram for the M1 PSU any input will be added to it. Please let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Graphic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2295511
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/775042

Currently on Navy deployment, Progress haulted.
    |-------*-------| 50% overall completion.

why are you running audio to your monitor?
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

The power coming from the M1ATX isn't 12-18v. It's three rails: 12v, 5v and 3.3v in that 20-pin ATX connector.

I'd also suggest making the VGA and IGN connections more contrasting colors. To someone without a sharp eye, they both are 'yellow'.
      A nitpicky detail, but one that could confuse a n00b or three to the point of posting questions without searching first...
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Where is the J3 on the M1-ATX?

Comment

actually, i have the same question. the J3 isnt labelled on the manual and I found it on the board itself but it's this wierd plug. anyone know what the name of the plug is i need to put into there (that has a molex on the other end). and where i can buy one that'll work for the m1atx

Comment

was this ever decided on as a diagram that would have complete functionality? i have found the other diagrams on the faq's but are so complex. im wonding if this simple one will do just as well.
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

I tried using a 30A inline fuse and the PS started on fire. I was then told that the M1-ATX 90W PS probably should be using a 10A fuse. Which one is true?
              Color Code:
              PLANNING
              PURCHASING
              PREPARING
              PRESENTING

Comment

its easy to figure out what size fuse to use... Watts = Volts x Amps ...

therefore 90w / 12v = 7.5a

so you actually need a 7.5a fuse to make sure that doesnt burn up.. Unless im missing something obvious..

can anyone chip in and agree/disagree ??
                Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

from what I understand The M1 comes with a built in 10A fuse. So putting a 10A fuse near the battery sounds good.
                  -=VWDASH=-

Slowly Getting there
                  [++++++++++] 100% Planning
                  [+++++++++-] 90% Purchasing
                  [++++++----] 60% Building

Comment

i would say 30 near the battery.literaly next to the bat on the 4 gauge. that way if somethign happens to the wire it grounds..then the fuse blows killing the circuit at a very close dist. to the battery. then a 7.5 fuse maybe right before the PSU. and i dont know why the PSU would burn up? the 10 amp should have blown and the diagram shows you can link it directly to the batt. must be somethign with your system.
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X