Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-atx 0.4v?!

Hi,

I have searched the forums and not come across anybody with this problem!

Basically my M1-ATX was working fine for weeks and then all of a sudden PC comes on but no sound! Had a look in boot and the amp isn't on! It appears it isn't getting its remote switch on from the amp jumper. Everything else is working fine, its just the amp which won't turn on!

I am using the jumper correctly (one closest to capacitor only) everything was working fine for weeks and then it stopped and I hadn't changed a thing!

When I got the voltmeter out to test it, the remote lead was reading voltages of around 0.2-0.4 Volts.

Any one come across this or got any ideas?

I havn't removed it from the car yet and had a look inside because its in the most awkward place and I would have no means of testing the m1-atx out of the car anyway!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Make that 0.02 not 0.2 so really its nothing but there is that small voltage there when the ignition is on!

I managed to pull the PC out and all the wires look sound no obvious earthing or something stupid going on inside or outside the case!

So...any ideas?

Comment

ttt

Comment

3 posts in a day and 1/2... all in the same thread, Nice.

Contact the MFG. It was working now it is not. If you did not change it... well something changed that was not supposed to.

Give the MFG all your system specs in your contact. I would try email first.
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Well u signed up here at some point and probably did the same thing! I usually browse the forums and yeah dont post but some of the **** i see people giving each other made me not wanna join in the first place!

Thanks for the advice by the way, although I have already done this! Just wanted to know if anybody else had experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by mrwhitey
            Well u signed up here at some point and probably did the same thing! I usually browse the forums and yeah dont post but some of the **** i see people giving each other made me not wanna join in the first place!

Thanks for the advice by the way, although I have already done this! Just wanted to know if anybody else had experienced this?

Great attitude!

Yes I was a 'new' member at some point. The first thing I did was help myself by reading a ton, this place is great.

If you did not get the answer you wanted here... did you get a reply from the PS maker??

If you did get a reply what did they say?

That would help others if they run into the same issue.

Good luck with your outlook on life.
            TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

"I have searched the forums and not come across anybody with this problem!"

You should have read that line in the first post before stating I should read a ton!

I made it quite clear that I had searched the forums and was just asking if anyone had come across this!

Do you have an m1-atx? It doesn't sound like it....so why are you giving me crap!?

I did contact mini-box funnily enough at the email m1-atx@ which I read in another post after "readin a ton" and they have still not got back to me!

Comment

I think red gti... had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwhitey
                  "I have searched the forums and not come across anybody with this problem!"

You should have read that line in the first post before stating I should read a ton!

I made it quite clear that I had searched the forums and was just asking if anyone had come across this!

Do you have an m1-atx? It doesn't sound like it....so why are you giving me crap!?

I did contact mini-box funnily enough at the email m1-atx@ which I read in another post after "readin a ton" and they have still not got back to me!

You should take your own advice... I said 'I read a ton'
                  I did see you said you had searched. That is why I did not tell you to look arround.

You seemed very interested in somebody posting to your thread.
                  I did.
                  Get a grip.

You have a broken PS. The MFG is the way to go... maybe try a phone call (if you have not allready)

I was attempting to help your sorry ***. But I guess everyone can be like that over the web.
                  TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Right got an email back from mini-box (ituner) and they were very helpful, Andrei sent me this email and since their support is so good I thought I would post it here for all to see!

All I can say is this is how all companies should support their products, but then of course people start taking the p**s so most don't!

Thanks for your help guys and thanks ituner!

Have no idea what happened, sorry.
                    Most likely the output transistor for the anti-thump died -- it should not -- it is rated at 50V.... I know that if you reverse the pins on the anti-thump, this transigtor will fry.

Please let me know what your is your shipping address, we will send you another one (free). Keep the old one, no need to return. Hope you can tell your friends about the level of support we are trying to provide.

Sorry about the trouble,
                    -Andrei

Comment

wow that is good customer service.

Comment

Sweet. Good to hear you will be back to working correctly.
                        TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Hey mrwhitey... Do you have any other info on that anti-thump output?... There is very little info to find, but it would be interesting to know the delay from computer powerup to anti-thump (Remote on control) power up and also for shutdown.

I tried hooking up just the M1-atx to my car yesterday to try and get a reeding on the anti-thump pin, but no success... I might need to connect a motherboard to get the thing going...

Comment

I dont know if it will work without a motherboard being connected but I wouldnt try it anyway!

The delay is very short and it works well. Apparantly it will power 2 amps or even 3 without a relay too.

Just make sure you only connect the pin closest to the capicitor to the amp. NOT the other one.

Comment

Further to this...Parcel arrived from the US today. Couldn't get much better really!

Comment

Working...
                              X