Opus doesn't turn my system on/off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus doesn't turn my system on/off

I just tested the car pc w/opus 150w I am working on today and it will tunr on if I manually use the power button on my computer but doesn't come on or shutdown just from me turning ignition on/off

Also somehow I managed to blow the radio fuse in my truck while doing this, my power and ground to opus are good and fused and work fine but somehow the ignition wire blew the fuse, any ideas on that one either?

I have a Phoenix Award BIOS

it seems to be an issue with the 2 pin power switch cable, I cant seem to be able to find the right spot to put it on my motherboard

In the bottom left there is a spot but I don't know which pins to put it on, there is actually the first 10 from the left to right taken up by other wires already

Comment

The power cable goes to the power switch pins on the top right of your first picture pin layout.

Comment

Also, make certain the polarity on the power switch wire is correct.
        It may seem inconsequential, but it really does matter.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          Also, make certain the polarity on the power switch wire is correct.
          It may seem inconsequential, but it really does matter.
          Yup, on my first opus trial, I powered it up, and it just blinked at me in series of two. I checked the trouble shooting guide, and it said to check to see if the switch pins were in backwards. I flipped the connector around, and it booted up just fine.

Comment

I got it working, but I had to unplug the power button on my machine because it was using that spot

Comment

Working...
            X