No announcement yet.

REVIEW::220 Watt DC-DC Power Supply: DSATX

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW::220 Watt DC-DC Power Supply: DSATX

Just a short note to let you know that your power supply is running like a champ……..absolutely no problems whatsoever!! I think that you have designed a winner with this one!

First, let me list my system specs as installed today, as the status is always in flux

Sp13000 motherboard
    512 400 MHz ram
    3.5” 80 gig HD
    5.25” full size DVDRW/CDRW Burner
    4 port USB hub powered by supply
    7” LCD Display powered by supply
    XM Radio powered by supply
    Sirius Radio powered by supply
    USB Devices:

BU353 GPS
    Game Controller
    Linksys WR54G wireless G to USB
    Bluetooth Dongle
    Wireless Mouse

As you can see, I am running a lot of devices from your supply and the darn thing does not even get warm! Must be my good ventilation I guess!

I installed right out of the mailing package. No adjustments have been made to pots in reference to monitored voltage or shutdown times. I have connected it to the brainstem and played around a bit with the settings using hyperterminal to familiarize myself with the process, but it was not really necessary.

The supply has a 30 amp filter connected at the battery followed by 12’ of 10 gauge wire to supply the necessary juice. The ACC line in is connected to a SPDT (on,off,on) switch with ACC on one pole and constant 12V on the other so as I can run without the keys in the ignition. It is also nice to have the off option for those 2 minute trips.

Startup and shutdown have always been flawless; every time and all the time it performs as advertised. I have connected an additional power switch in parallel with the jumper supplied so that I may restart the computer if I inadvertently shut it off. Without this, you must wait until the supply cycles through the shutdown timer to restart (as one would expect).

Here are some pictures of the install in the van. The entire system is mounted on steel plates which were then installed in the vans center console (which is also powered…I have a factory work light . One 2.75’ fan is used to draw air out of the enclosure and as stated, there are no heat issues.

Your product works as advertised and I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to Beta test……..anymore products on the bench??
    Ken (seabeggar69)
    Attached Files

More pictures
    Attached Files

Nice review! I really wish i had a large center console like that to work with!
      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Cock and balls eh?

you noticed that too WoLLy?

btw - Jeff from?
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!