newbe and almost finish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbe and almost finish

hi i am new at this can some one post a diagram of the electrical wireing for a carputer i have the power inverter and the PSU do i need something else?
    this is done and my carputer is finish!!!!!
    i am sorry i bet there is a thred already about this but i didnt find it

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: kris3 ]
    carputer:
    P2- 266 mmx
    94 ram
    WD 9 Gigas
    ATI AIW
    on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

I personally wouldn't consider using an inverter as being finished, as this is a cheats way, but thats just my opinion,.. Do you have any pics???
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

soon i will post pics when finish i just tested the carputer and worked great. now i need some case ajustments and i think is done. but if any one has a sugestion, always welcome.
      carputer:
      P2- 266 mmx
      94 ram
      WD 9 Gigas
      ATI AIW
      on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

Hey kris3, congrats on your system.

Don't listen to THEMP3KID, using an inverter is fine for 70% of the people out there.

To wire up your inverter, it would be best to run a wire directly from your battery to power it. Then you could either set up a relay off the acc line of your car (so the inverter turns on and off with the accessories line of your car) or mount a switch in the line, to manually turn the inverter on and off.

Both setups have there pros and cons, its just down to your personal prefference
        http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
        Australian mp3car Portal
        mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
        mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
        -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

thankz i just did exactly the same u told and is working great!!! now some cosmetic adjustmen
          carputer:
          P2- 266 mmx
          94 ram
          WD 9 Gigas
          ATI AIW
          on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

carputer is done just some problems with the lighter plug that i wired to the trunk. Seems like it the fem of the plug is a bit larger than the inverter plug and it loose and turns off my pc when the car bounce. I was thinking to make a solering point at the tip of the plug so it wont get loose.
            carputer:
            P2- 266 mmx
            94 ram
            WD 9 Gigas
            ATI AIW
            on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

Y do you guys think mp3Kid is wrong. take it from me and prolly from him. Sure your inverter works fine now, i guarantee you that down the road, you will start to experience strange things... it might now happen right away, but once the signs start showing up, it will **** u off
              abcd-1
              Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
              You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

what kind of things could happen??
                tell me, tell me !!!
                carputer:
                P2- 266 mmx
                94 ram
                WD 9 Gigas
                ATI AIW
                on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

hey kris why do u want to play with AC power in a car .. after all you just require DC power unless ur planing to put a microwave or other home appliance in your car ..??

Think Ac current in your car just a case of badluck and the AC current runs through your cars body .......! BOOm ! you will see 4th of July a bit too earlier..

Advice inverter is NOT good!....

Mastero

Comment

ok then what options do i have remember i am a newbe...
                    carputer:
                    P2- 266 mmx
                    94 ram
                    WD 9 Gigas
                    ATI AIW
                    on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

Hey Kris3,

I'll side with Hornet on this one, if you already have an inverter, try it out. I've been using the same $35 inverter for a few years now (constant use, if my truck is running, the inverter is on) and have never had a problem. While a DC-DC psu may be the ideal way to go, there are quite a few people here who would not consider using an inverter as "cheats".
                      97 Dodge Ram 13.8" touchscreen/DVD/GPS/TV/FM
                      Some pics & details here

Comment

cool i will still use my jensen 300w inverter then
                        BTW great job on your pick-up
                        carputer:
                        P2- 266 mmx
                        94 ram
                        WD 9 Gigas
                        ATI AIW
                        on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

There is no right or wrong way to do it (to a point) and really there is no better power supply to use, inverter or DC-DC, its all boils down the the person doing the install, there electronic capabilities, their funds, and what they are trying to achive.
                          I couldn't see the point in running a DC-DC if your system was going to spend half its life inside hooked up to the hi-fi for parties, I know i for one dont have a 240vac to 12vdc power supply to be able to run it.

For some one who can't build their own dc-dc supply, the quickest, easiest and cheapest alternative to get tunes pumping in their cat is to use an inverter
                          Australian mp3car Portal
                          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

there must be a thred about the diagram of a dc-dc PS, were can i get it??
                            carputer:
                            P2- 266 mmx
                            94 ram
                            WD 9 Gigas
                            ATI AIW
                            on SUBARU IMPREZA 2000

Comment

Hop on over to sproggy's website for information and diagrams on a dc-dc psu. Parts list, PCB layout etc can be found here. Mastero sells the PCB's and even kits to build these.
                              Australian mp3car Portal
                              mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

Working...
                              X