Clear All

• WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO Power Good

How do I get the power good line???
    my mobo needs it...

HELP

Comment

HELP!!!!

Comment

first: be patient, it's a friday night/saturday morning and some of us actually have lives

second: the power good line is +5volts.

try and be a little mor epatiwent next time

Comment

Sorry for being inpatient...
          Umm...
          that is not so...
          The power good line is a 100-500milisecond pulse of five volts...
          I think, well, that's what this website said....
          just conecting 5volts doesn't work....

Comment

Step A:
            Try 5 volts and see if it works,

Step B:
            use a cap and a resistor with the resistor tied to +5 and the minus side of cap tied to ground and the middle of them is the power good signal.

Step C:
            use a buffer chip or 2 inverters with the R and C in the same manner.

Remember, T = R*C
            Thats time equals Resistance times capacitance. wooo hooo!

Jeff_
            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

I will try STEP B, but I don't think it will work......
              Hmm...
              any more ideas??

Comment

Hi Again SKINNY,
                The cap and resistor work just fine. That is what I have. Use a 1MEG resistor and a 1uF cap for a TC of 1 second.
                mike

Comment

Hey give the kid a break. My mobo didnt work even with a resistor+cap. In the end I needed to use and opamp to square up the pulse.

Somebody else asked for the circuit. I'll post the diagram when I get back home after this weekend.

Comment

How does a resistor and a capatitor give a pulse????

Comment

build a simple 555 timer, that will do the trick. Seems like ur mb is like one of those PCChip 586LMR or so...
                      abcd-1
                      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Here is the schematic for my power good circuit. I haven't checked the diagram all that well(drawn in paint). This is the circuit I needed to get my board going.

Comment

well, I'll try that circuit, and my mobo is an old P75, It doesn't have anything inbuilt not even the controller card, to play mp3s I have to have atleast 2 cards plugged in, yeah, just thought you might like to know....

Comment

What does this circuit do????
                            I found it, and it is supposed to be a power good circuit.... Is this what I want???

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: THE_SKINNY_MP3_KID ]

Comment

Originally posted by THE_SKINNY_MP3_KID:
                              <STRONG>How does a resistor and a capatitor give a pulse????
                              </STRONG>
                              It forms what is called an "RC circuit". The simplist of all timer. The circuit outputs a pulse as the capacitor charges through the resistor. It is much more like a very long single triangle wave than anything else, but seems to work for power good.
                              Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                              Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                              "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
                              X