Suggested invertor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested invertor?

I've been searching these boards trying to figure out which invertor to buy, and can't find what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help.

I want the computer and invertor in the trunk, with the power to the invertor being controlled by the ignition switch (i.e. when I turn the key to the accessory or on position, the computer gets power. When I turn the key off, the computer loses power).

I know some invertors don't come back on after they lose power, I want to avoid this. What suggestions do people have?

get the highest quality one you can, and get one that matches your PS, if you have a 200watt ps, only get a 200watt inverter.
    I have a 600watt, and it seems as if the more energy they produce, the worse the quality gets.
    But thats just from my experience
    Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
    Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
    In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

50w over wont hurt. Yeah, you probably only need to match the watts on the PSU, but 50 extra wont hurt. I got a USB HD which needed external power...thus needed more than my car CPU. Make sure you arent going to be adding anything else (ie. playstation, extenral accesories, etc.). But I agree, 600w is probably way too much and will probably not be nearly as quality as a lower supplier. I think most people around here have 300w.

PoBoy
      I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Originally posted by zovirl:
        <STRONG>I've been searching these boards trying to figure out which invertor to buy, and can't find what I'm looking for. </STRONG>
        Try this one

Or

All 4 of these should work just fine.

Maybe a little higher quality one.
        MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Are you sure you want an inverter, and not a DC-DC?
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
            <STRONG>Are you sure you want an inverter, and not a DC-DC?</STRONG>
            DC-DC would be nice, but I was hoping to have the computer just plug in when I bring it inside to work on it. Also, I am planning on upgrading sometime, and would then have to get an ATX power supply right? If I had an inverter nothing would change...

Comment

Working...
            X