Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX auto-power-up the motherboard

Hi

I've been happily using my M1-ATX in my car pc for about 5 months now - no problems. Just recently I added wi-fi support, and during the disconnection from the vehicle something went wrong - not sure what. When I was ready to put it back in the car, the M1-ATX J6 jumper which is used to tell the motherboard I want it to start/stop now doesn't function. The rest of the M1-ATX and motherboard work a treat - just this one thing.

My car pc used to auto-start 3 seconds after ignition and when ignition was stopped it would enter shutdown. Note I'm using the 5 sec/45 sec mode.

Anyone else had these symptoms?

I'm aware with problems on the v1.0 board which I guess I have since I bought it in about June 2005. I've never tested the HARDOFF mode as my VIA SP8000E-based car pc never fails to shutdown cleanly and within 45 seconds!

cheers for any advice.

P.S. I HAVE searched this most excellent forum for these symptoms, so no flaming ;-)

aiml27

*bump*

Comment

Make sure the jumper is on the correct end of the grouping of PINS
      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

thanks neon eddy,

I know what you mean but I checked this and confirmed I have the correct two pins on the motherboard it's attaching to because a quick short between these two on the motherboard does fire it up/shut it down successfully.

But when power is running through the M1-ATX, no voltage (even a quick pulse) ever reaches J6.

aiml27

Comment

I have the same exact problem.

What's the solution?

Comment

Check your ACC line input wiring again. Does it go high (12v) when the ignition is on and go low (GND) when the ignition is off?

I do not know if this is related but I noticed that the M2-ATX does not reliably turn the mainboard off sometimes (turn-ON is fine) when testing on my desk. The workaround is to make sure I ground the ACC input line instead of leaving it floating.
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70091

Comment

yup, it goes high and low, I am physically connecting/disconnecting it

starting from the side of the board moving towards the middle of the board, there are 4 pins, 2 should be in parallel with each other. the outermost pin is ~.7v, ~.7v, ~.7v, 0v

the first and third pins are connected to each other. the second and fourth arent.

arggg

Comment

Still got the problem

greenman

Glad I'm not alone in this problem. I haven't got any further with a fix for this. I swear my ACC line goes high and low exactly when it should. I even forced the ACC line high manually by shorting it to the PERM +12V, and still no voltage across J6.

What do you mean when you describe the pins from the left? Are you talking about the pins on the M1-ATX PSU board or your particular motherboard?

thanks

aiml27

Comment

I have a similar problem some times...When I turn on the car 1 out of every 5 times it will not cold boot, the fans spin but the bios never posts. For me its just a matter of turning the car to acc, letting the bios start to post (loud beep) then starting the car when this happens.

-Bad

Comment

Originally posted by aiml27
                    greenman

Glad I'm not alone in this problem. I haven't got any further with a fix for this. I swear my ACC line goes high and low exactly when it should. I even forced the ACC line high manually by shorting it to the PERM +12V, and still no voltage across J6.

What do you mean when you describe the pins from the left? Are you talking about the pins on the M1-ATX PSU board or your particular motherboard?

thanks

aiml27

I'm talking about J8 and J6 on the M1-ATX

Comment

Working...
                    X