Cost to Build Sproggy's MK 2.5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to Build Sproggy's MK 2.5?

Anyone know the approximate cost (in US $) to purchase all the parts and assemble Sproggy's MK 2.5 DC-DC power supply?

Making the PCB is probably the most expensive part, it depends on how you do it, what acids you buy and what you have at home.

You also need the wiring harness and such.

But I would say for the whole thing about 75-80 bucks USD.

Comment

Yep, that's about how much I payed for mine... it's an MK2.6 though.

Although I screwed up quite a few PCBs when experimenting with the etchant and stuff... but not counting all the failures and tests, I think it was about $85-90

-Miles
      Near Completion: Intel P166 MMX, 32MB ram, 13GB Hard Drive, Keypad, 4x40 LCD. Sproggy MK2.6 ATX PSU. Win98SE with Winamp and Mark Zehnder Plugin. (Web-site: very soon)

Comment

Ok, well see I'm going to be safe and just use an experimenter's board instead of trying to make a PCB. So how about now what is the cost?

Comment

70 bucks

Comment

So far I have the transformer, 4 inductors, 2 5v regulators, and the 12v regulator and I have spent nothing..

Comment

I vote the moderators censor SkinnyBoy for simply always posting useless ****.

Comment

ME TOO!!!!!!

Comment

So technically if im selling the sproggy's ready to use PSU's for USD $100 with shipping its not expensive ah guys?

Come on they weigh a lot guys!

Mastero

Comment

Mastero, I find no shame in you trying to seek a profit from your labor, nor should anyone else. If someone wants a power supply at the price which he or she can build it on his or her own, then that individual should feel obligated to do so instead of expecting someone else to work for free. How many watts can the Sproggy supply sustain anyway? Do you know?

Comment

If you build me a sproggy supply with 3 or 4 12v rails then we will talk and yes im revising my whole setup.

Comment

Working...
                      X