Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Sproggy's PSU, PCB question....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Sproggy's PSU, PCB question....

Okay, I've begun to assemble the PSU from sproggy, but I'm having a problem getting the etch-resist done properly. It's coming up all streaky and broken up.

That said, I'd like suggestions from those who have made Sproggy's PSU on exactly how to get the board created.
    CarMP3 system:
    200mhz, 20gb hotswapable drive, 128mb, Winamp w/full-screen vizes, (upgrading to WinAmp3 in near future), 5" LCD screen, controled by numberpad, Sproggy PS under construction, custom mounting case under construction.

Although I cannot help you here (haven't done it yet, but I want to) I would be interested in know exactly what people are buying and using in order to do these PCBs, as I have never done one before
    IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Okay! I just tried a new tranfer, and patched up what needed with a rub-on etch resist kit, and gave it the etch treatment... looks like it came out good!

Now, I just have to find a drill bit small enough for this... What sizes are recommended?

And to Telek: What I used was a standard Copper-Clad Board (available lots of places, inc. RatShack), a rub-on etching kit (came with rub-ons and etchant), and some stuff called Press-N-Peel Blue, which I printed (on a high-quality laser printer (at least 600dpi is recommended)) sproggy's design on. You then take a standard iron, and iron on the design. (I had to make a fair ammount of patching, but not too bad).
      CarMP3 system:
      200mhz, 20gb hotswapable drive, 128mb, Winamp w/full-screen vizes, (upgrading to WinAmp3 in near future), 5" LCD screen, controled by numberpad, Sproggy PS under construction, custom mounting case under construction.

Comment

Hey buddy just email me your address and i shall send you one !! i got extras!

its MK2.5 pcb.....

Mastero!

you handle the postal charges...

Comment

This link is very helpful for those of us who would like to deal with all those terrible chemicals (I did ).

http://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/gooteepc.htm

-Miles
          Near Completion: Intel P166 MMX, 32MB ram, 13GB Hard Drive, Keypad, 4x40 LCD. Sproggy MK2.6 ATX PSU. Win98SE with Winamp and Mark Zehnder Plugin. (Web-site: very soon)

Comment

Working...
          X