Opus compatible with micro-atx mobos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus compatible with micro-atx mobos

Guys can i use the Opus dc-dc 150w to power a micro-atx mobo?

Thanks!
    MSI KM4M-V Mobo -- AMD Athlon XP-M 1900+ -- 512MB DDR RAM -- LinITX 7" Touchscreen -- Seagate 8.4GB HDD -- LG DVDRW -- Onboard Graphics Card -- Onboard 5.1 surround sound -- Bluetooth Dongle -- RoyalTek Saphire GPS -- M2-ATX psu

The Opus is an ATX-spec power supply. What do you think?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

well, i really dont know!thats why i ask.i would suppose it would be able to use it no problems.Please confirm this for me?

i have found a small micro-atx mobo and thanks to this i think i mite go for it, but i knew that i cudnt use a normal psu on a micro atx mobo, or so i have read.is this true?

thanks DP
      MSI KM4M-V Mobo -- AMD Athlon XP-M 1900+ -- 512MB DDR RAM -- LinITX 7" Touchscreen -- Seagate 8.4GB HDD -- LG DVDRW -- Onboard Graphics Card -- Onboard 5.1 surround sound -- Bluetooth Dongle -- RoyalTek Saphire GPS -- M2-ATX psu

Comment

The key word (or acronym in this case) is ATX.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

sorry dude but i still dont understand wot ur saying.
          all i need is: "yes u can use a atx psu on a micro-atx mobo" or not.
          "yes you can use the opus 150w with a micro-atx mobo" or not.

thanks and sorry!

Comment

In most cases you can without problems. Micro-ATX boards use ATX power supplies, and as such the Opus will power all these motherboards. However, the auto-'power-on' feature of the Opus can sometimes have problems turning on specific motherboards. I had a problem with a Biostar, the Opus just wouldn't turn it on....timing issue I think.

Anyhow, fire off an Email to Opus Technologies with the make/model of the motherboard & they will tell you if its compatible of if they can sell you a 'tweaked' version that they have made so. They have been known to make modifications the the start up electronics for problem motherboards.
            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by ironic
              sorry dude but i still dont understand wot ur saying.
              all i need is: "yes u can use a atx psu on a micro-atx mobo" or not.
              "yes you can use the opus 150w with a micro-atx mobo" or not.

thanks and sorry!
              I'm trying to get you to think for yourself. You're going to need to do that quite a bit if you're planning on putting a computer in your vehicle.
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

i dont understand why some people decided to build a computer in a car.....before they've ever built a computer
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

With most motherboards it will be compatible. There are a few however that will require a slight modification that you will need. Just tell your supplier prior to purchasing. This modification is done free of charge. The motherboards affected are the following:

· Compatibility issues
                  Please consult with us before purchasing our 150W power supply for the folowing motherboards: Biostar M7NCG, Via Epia CL series, Via Epia PD series

I have the Biostar (which did require the slight modification) and have had great success with my setup.

Hope it helped. Just ignore the idiots who would not answer your questions and gave sarcastic remarks. They lack manners and a decent college education.

Good luck with your setup
                  Biostar MicroATX with 2600+ XP-M
                  Xenarc TS VGA
                  60GB Notebook Drive
                  Opus 150W PSU
                  Rikaline 6010 GPS
                  Gyration Keyboard and Mouse (for passengers)
                  Creative USB Sound Processor for easy headunit aux input integration
                  Motorola Droid Wifi Hotspot service

Comment

thank you all for ur help guys!!

now i understand a bit more, and btw, i have built numerous pc's myself. the only thing is i have never delt with micro-atx mobos before, and heard erroneous comments! just trying to get things straight here.

again thank u all!

Comment

Micro-ATX still conforms to the ATX specifications, only it's smaller (hence the MICRO designation).

Originally posted by gqmd
                      Just ignore the idiots who would not answer your questions and gave sarcastic remarks. They lack manners and a decent college education.
                      Hey Doc... If someone simply gave you all the answers when you were in med school, it wouldn't make you a very proficient physician, would it? Same principle applies here.

Part of building a PC for your car requires some creative thinking and the ability to figure things out on your own. You're going to need to know how to troubleshoot problems from inadequate power to OS installation to speeding up your boot time.
                      How about the Wiki?

Comment

what a hilarious thread!

As always DP, i am with you on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                          what a hilarious thread!
                          Somehow any thread that you and I both post in seems to turn out hilarious.
                          Maybe you & I should take our act on the road!

And why won't you add me to your YM list? are you becoming an elitist bastard?
                          How about the Wiki?

Comment

YM? oh lol. I dont use it. Plus it is running on my desktop which is still in my old flat acting as a server for the guy who lives there. I need to go get it back.

I use msn. you want my msn addy?

Comment

Working...
                            X