Book PC DC-DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book PC DC-DC

Okay, ive search the forum and have come up empty with a similar pose...sorry if this is a re-post. But anyways, I've got one of the older gen Book PCs and it does not have a standard AT or ATX connection on it. It has 2 rows of 3 pins. Do I have a DC-DC option or am I stuck with my inverter?
    Thanks,
    PoBoy
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

I really dont have a definite answer, but couldnt you just figure out that the rows of pins do and wire it up to the DC-DC? hey man have you gotten any pics of the runner yet? I really want to see it!

Comment

Look on the power supply, see what it's outputs are. I have a book PC that has a mobo that runs off of +12 and +5 standby and that is it! It is not standard ATX however, so you probably need something else.
      Jeff-
      MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
      www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Well ****.

My BookPC has two connectors. One looks like a standard disk drive (5v+12v) connector, the other is yellow (12v), green (ps-on) signal and purple (5vsb).

However, I'm going to have to get this machine replaced with the msi model, the one with serial/firewire/pci slots. I don't know how the power connectors will be on that.

jeff, how hard would be to get an appropriate connector madeup for a dc-dc I order from you, once I get my msi and can take a look?
        Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
        Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by jshrieve:
          <STRONG>
          jeff, how hard would be to get an appropriate connector madeup for a dc-dc I order from you, once I get my msi and can take a look?</STRONG>
          Well, I'm not sure. If it is just a connector, probably pretty easy! But if the supply requirements change, it might be harder.

Jeff_
          MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

The BookPC power supply supplies:

6A @ +12V
            1.5A @ 5VSB (purple)

It gives no indication of how much on red 5V. Black is return, green is 'signal'.

I ordered my MSI 6215 replacement though, so when I get it I'll check what kind of connectors it has, unless someone who already has one wants to let me know in advance.
            Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
            Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Anyone willing to build me a book pc dc-dc ps? Ill pay what for parts + time . I need 6a on +12 1a on 5vsb , ground and ps-on signal. Two outputs for the +12 and ground on the ps.

Comment

Working...
              X