Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC power supply recommendation / rating howto?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC power supply recommendation / rating howto?

2 things guys:

a) can anyone recommend a _good_ DC/DC power supply ATX style, 250 watts minimum...

and

b) how does a member get rated on here?

Thanks for any replies...
    CB

Here's my site for those interested:
    dashpc.com
    Check out my carputers:
    DVD, GPS, MP3, 6.4" LCD Touchscreen, 5" Headrest LCDs, PSone, DSSC, etc.

Moved to Power Supplies.
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

using the search feature, or even just reading through the "Power Supplies" group will give you all the information that you require, and as you will see this is *not* a trivial question.

And you don't need anywhere near 250W to power your computer.

What do you plan on running, then maybe I can help recommend what type of power you're going to need.
      IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

sorry forgot about the rating,

to get rated you have to have *other* people rate you. you see, beside this comment how there's a "rate" link, well follow that and you can rate the other person.

You gotta be here a while and have people who are greatful to you and also have them know/care about it. I really don't think the "rating" matters for anything
        IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Working...
        X