RELAY QUESTION!!.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELAY QUESTION!!.

I am just wondering if what I am going to do is feasible.

Battery
    |
    |
    Distribution box(30A)-----LCD(VGA)(goes to
    | VGA port on c
    | omputer)
    | remote on(12+) |
    | | |
    |12+ switch |
    | | |
    |--30A relay-----| |
    | | | |
    | | | |
    | Inverter(250W) amp (500W) |
    | | | | |
    | | | 120V | |
    | | computer | |
    | | | | |
    Distribution box(30A)----|------|
    |
    |
    car Chasis

I have everything to be installed in my car....if I can do this.
    Can someone give me a comment on my setup please?

sorry.....the diagram looked screwed up.....
    Moderators...could you delete my post?
    I will post a new diagram...

Comment

null

Here is the diagram...sorry, it looks crappy. Well, it serves the purpose, right?
      If there is no image on the top of the message, here is the address, http://www.geocities.com/ifnh573/mp3...?1001315519456
      copy & paste...please

Comment

Could you please tell us what you want it to do?? eg. the inverter and amp be switched on by the relay..

Comment

Sorry for not specifying my goal. Well, the amp is currently connected to remote on.(Ignition on->amp on). I don't want my computer to turn on everytime I turn my ignition, so amp will be directly connected to amp. When I turn on the amp, remote connected to relay will connect 12+V to inverter from car battery. I don't know much about relay stuff....I kinda guessed this:There's coil inside of the relay. Whenever power applies to the coil, coil becomes electro magnetic. I will attract the circuit, thus connecting the line.......is this correct??? I just guessed from the diagram on relay.
          If I am wrong, please correct me...I don't want to blow up anything....

Comment

umm... yeah, thats what relays do..
            and, I still don't understand..

Comment

All I wanted to do is: turn on the inverter whenever I turn the ignition when the switch is ON. cut the power of inverter when I flip the switch to OFF. This way I won't drain my battery when I forget to turn off my inverter. I have 98 Accord. I don't know if there's going to be any power loss issue with amp and computer running at the same time.
              Now, can this work?

Comment

Depending on the size of your inverter and the power consumption of your computer, you might have to use a relay to turn the inverter on and off..

Comment

All I wanted to do is: turn on the inverter whenever I turn the ignition when the switch is ON. cut the power of inverter when I flip the switch to OFF.
                  1. Take power of the ACC-Line (12v , and is only powered when key is on ACC
                  2. You are gonna use this line to switch the relay to ON
                  3. Between these 2 (Key-Switch and Relay) you put you On/Off switch

ACC-----ON/OFF_switch-----RELAY

And the relay switches the power-cable which runs from your battery to your inverter.

This way it should work how you want it to work: Able to manually turn On/Off the computer, but In case you forget to turn it off, it still turns off when you take the key out

hope this helps you out !

Greetz
                  Raas - The Netherlands
                  ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
                  GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyBoy:
                    <STRONG>Depending on the size of your inverter and the power consumption of your computer, you might have to use a relay to turn the inverter on and off..</STRONG>
                    Dude.. this is exactly what he was saying. He just needed to know how.
                    Raas - The Netherlands
                    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
                    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Thank you for the info. Yea, I was asking same question over and over again. And finally, someone gave an answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X