No announcement yet.

does m1-atx replace dc/dc converter???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does m1-atx replace dc/dc converter???

hello, i have a question for wich i do not seem to find a answer...my carpc is powered with a dc/dc converter for epia itx (19v)
    http://www.incarterminal.de/catalog/il/465
    ...this works great, but i do not like the fact i have to manually shut down the computer everytime i leave the car ...am i right in presuming the m1-atx 6-24v dc/dc replaces my converter, ans at the same time can be programmed to shut down the computer...does it also turn the computer automaticly on when you start the car, or is this not a possibility? thanx to anyone who can clear this up for me...

It turns on, shuts down, provides power...

It's a pretty nice little device.
    "You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller" - Wierd Al

Comment

It does all that
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

It does not, however, wash the car, calculate gas mileage or blow you while you're driving.
        IF they could add that functionality, it would be tres nice.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          It does not, however, wash the car, calculate gas mileage or blow you while you're driving.
          IF they could add that functionality, it would be tres nice.
          no need...my wife does all those things...oh no sorry, she can't work the numbers

seriously, is this a straightforward install, meaning one side of the m1-atx to your car battery, and the other side to the motherboard, or am i still missing something ?

Comment

But most girlfriends would do all three of those things for if you build them a kickin' Carputer.

On a side note, the latter is quite amusing while driving through a lot of traffic.
            Current:
            2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

Comment

Working...
            X