Quick M2-ATX question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick M2-ATX question

DC-DC PSU's are a little foreign to me, and I was wondering if this power supply would be sufficient enough to power this setup:

CPU: AMD Sempron 2600+
    Motherboard: MicroATX
    Video Card: MX420 64MB AGP (can use onboard video instead if needed)
    LiteON DVD-ROM
    3.5" 250GB Hard Drive (7200RPM)

It's for my friend's car, and we thought it would be better to go DC-DC than to use an inverter. I've searched, but I couldn't find any definitive answers.

Try without the video card first and then see if it works witthe the MX420...
    Please post your results, if possible.

-Andrei

Originally posted by BBrinks
    DC-DC PSU's are a little foreign to me, and I was wondering if this power supply would be sufficient enough to power this setup:

Video Card: MX420 64MB AGP (can use onboard video instead if needed)
    LiteON DVD-ROM
    3.5" 250GB Hard Drive (7200RPM)

It's for my friend's car, and we thought it would be better to go DC-DC than to use an inverter. I've searched, but I couldn't find any definitive answers.

Comment

Originally posted by BBrinks
      Socket 754 or Socket A on the Sempron? Either way I think you'll be fine. You may even be able to undervolt that thing.

Comment

It's a socket 754.

Comment

Click on the lin in my signature to got to the FAQ Emporium. You find a thread link there called "Power Supplies Explained" that has lists of power calculators. You can input your setup and estimate the power needs.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
          X