Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX problem need input/help

Just recieved a brand new M2-ATX.
    Wired up everything according to the manual but it doesnt power my motherboard on.
    heres how i have it wired up:
    -ground wire to ground.
    -positive to +12volt fused from battery
    -white wire ran to a toggle switch in center console which has +12volt when switched on
    -jumper set on "B" for shutdown options (shouldnt have anything to do with powering on, but still i checked other jumper settings anyways)
    -ATX wire to ATX plug on motherboard and power to harddrive
    -M/B on/off plug wired to motherboard (in correct spot and position)
    -------
    I checked each connection with a multimeter and im getting power when i touch it to the fuse which is located on the M2 board itself so its getting power. The only thing that is getting power from there on is the "Power ON LED" but still my mother board does not power on.
    -------
    Also one other thing, I tried hooking up a Pentium type system just to see if that was the case, both computers are in working order and neither of them powered on when i turned my switch on to the board.

specs of pc:
    -not sure on motherboard, but its an AMD system with the 1600 proc 1.4ghz
    -512mb ram
    -40gig hd
    -on-board video and sound
    -usb gps reciever

bump

Comment

I think you need a momentary-on switch instead of the toggle.
      Try pulling one from an old ATX case.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

the toggle switch goes to the M2 board. not for the powering on of the motherboard

Comment

Seller and I came to the conclusion that board was bad and was mailed back for replacement.

Comment

Hey,

I had M1-ATX and it was the same problem. What I did was put a manual switch to the motherboard and when I booted manually the PSU performed great. I came to conclusion that it was the PIC microprocessor not coded properly. Anyways, I got my M2-ATX now to test and see if it performs these functions properly.

Just letting you know that it is the PSU most likely.

Comment

Cool thanks for the input.

Comment

new update

Comment

Know what... What kind of motherboard is it? Does it have the 4 PIN connector that is needed to power the CPU?
                  Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

4 pin? are you asking about the switch itself? if yes then your answer is no, its only 2 pins for the switch to power on

Comment

What model motherboard do you have? I'm not talking about the switch.

Comment

He is talking about the 4 PIN ATX connector. Some motherboards require the regular 20 pin PLUS extra 4 pin ATX connector. The new motherboards switched to 24 pin connectors in one.

Comment

sYx66, you sure about that? I have a motherboard with both a 24 PIN PSU connector AND the 4 pin connector..

Comment

Uhh ok my assumption was incorrect. Anyways, it's definitely worth checking if your motherboard needs the extra 4pin ATX connector. On the other hand it needs it for extra power and if your PSU barely provides enough to satisfy the main connector then its a good indication that you will have power issues.

Comment

the m2 has the 4 pin connector as well, another thing to check is the polarity of the motherboard power switch wires.

Comment

Working...
                              X