Anyone have an Opus 150 Manual handy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an Opus 150 Manual handy?

I've been running my Opus 150 for many months now flawlessly. Well overnight it has stopped working.

When I turn the key on, the CPU fans spins for a second and then stops. The computer does not boot up. This process repeats every few seconds.

When trigger is not applied, the OPUS does its normal single flash every few seconds, but then when ignition is turned on (when it should boot up), the OPUS spits out three flashes.

Does anyone have a manual handy to tell me what three flashes means?

I have also tried removing all USB / PCI devices etc, so that it is just the computer trying to boot up. No such luck. I am thinking it is either the OPUS itself, or perhaps even the motherboard.
    Australia's Largest CARPUTER Discussion
    www.carputer.net.au

Check the ATX connector make sure its secure, I had the same 3 flashes and it turned out that the ATX connector was not in place fully.

Comment

Yeah I have checked that. After numerous searches, I managed to find a copy of the manual here.

According to that - 3 flashes could be:

1. Power supply output is overloaded or shorted. (Well its been working fine for months).
      2. Faulty DC-DC power supply.

My guess given that, unfortunately is that its most likely #2 .
      www.carputer.net.au

Comment

Edit: CAA beat me to posting the info out of the manual
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Thanks anyway meddler

Hmmmm ... don't know what else I can check really before returning the power supply back over the water to you guys, and having to wait for a replacement
          www.carputer.net.au

Comment

can you pull the psu out and try it on another motherboard?

Comment

Yeah sitting here trying to get over the dissapointment (I'm always bragging about how reliable my system has been!), so that I can go out and start doing some hardware swaps.

I might give every connection and connector a big of a unplug and plug first though. Why is the error code I get (3 flashes) the only vague one? Haha

I also just read the thread about the Opus Shorting, which I hadn't seen before, so I might just check that too.
              www.carputer.net.au

Comment

manual is at the opus solutions website.

Comment

I certainly wasn't able to find it. Not a problem though, found that other link.
                  www.carputer.net.au

Comment

Also check the inline fuse, coming from the battery to the opus.

Comment

Originally posted by CAA
                      I certainly wasn't able to find it. Not a problem though, found that other link.
                      hmm i see what you mean. must be the 'new and improved site'. Well for future reference i know that linITX have a link on their product page here: http://linitx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=344

and digitalww and the mp3car store probably have links to it too.

Comment

At this point I have to comment on how good the OPUS after sales support has been. They've answered my queries right away, and already on its way to me here in Australia is a replacement unit (secured by my credit card until they receive the faulty unit back).

They've also managed to secure an express air international shipping method and I should have a replacement within days.

Thumbs up to Opus from here in Australia.
                        www.carputer.net.au

Comment

All of the customer service I have seen from Opus has been top notch. The only thing that they don't do is keep to the release date of new products.

Comment

Haha ... well I'm currently tracking it via DHL. It's a slow painful process watching it travel from one side of the world to the other
                            www.carputer.net.au

Comment

Working...
                            X