Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point for point difference between AT & ATX functions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point for point difference between AT & ATX functions?

Could someone tell me the actual specific functions that an ATX board has that a AT board does not?

Joel
    Home Media Center - 2.2ghz Athlon 1gig 400ddr Radeon 9700 pro 150gig HD plus 2.5" 40gig hotswappable pocket drive on XP with optical SPDIF to Sony DTS theater 5.1. 4am Media/Music Console. 56" DLP HDTV Screen on the way.

More features more or less. AT power is on or off. With ATX power is on a little bit, which improves start up times, plus with the bios you can set it to automatically start up after a power outage (turning it off). Basically ATX has a digital controller for power, allowing more stuff to happen...

Comment

ATX also has 3.3 volts.

Rob
      And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
      www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
      Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Yeah, and ATX has 1 power connector for the motherboard, AT has 2 power connectors...if you want to get technical...

Comment

my question is - is it possible to have power on when the keyboard is hit with an AT power supply? thank you for any help

Comment

In short without spending a week in the labs, no.

Sorry

Rob
            And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
            www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
            Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ces///M3:
              <STRONG>my question is - is it possible to have power on when the keyboard is hit with an AT power supply? thank you for any help</STRONG>
              I'm thinking yeah, but its quite complicated..
              Also, in what way did you wish to them turn the computer off??
              Yeah, so, I got blocked, I like the ability to be able to log in.. I will reduce my posting over the next week or so, as long as my old account gets reactivated... Okay... :)

Comment

Working...
              X