m2-atx & 2 amp remote connections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2-atx & 2 amp remote connections?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

How could you connect the m2-atx to 2 amps. Can i split the wire to both of them or will the current be insufficient??

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
    CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
    Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

I could be wrong, but the current on the remote wire is going to be minimal anyway..it's not the current you're worried about. It's the voltage drop, and Unless your run is really long, again, I can't imagine that being an issue either.

So yes, split the wire in 2.

It might be easier to go from the m2-atx to your first amp, and from your first amp to your second...instead of 2 wires going from the m2-atx to both amps...just something to consider.
    Take 2 - '03 Audi A4
    macmini with an 8" widescreen (in progress)

My 2004 Ford Ranger:
    14" LCD w/ custom made aluminum bezel
    Completly custom computer case

Comment

I have the same problem. I tried to connect with the same wire the two amplifiers but nothing happened. I think that might be a voltage drop.
      PIII, Intel 733Hz, 256Ram, DVD/CD-RW, 60GB HD, SoundBlaster X-Fi, TV Tuner, M2-ATX, BT

Comment

Originally posted by haf
        I have the same problem. I tried to connect with the same wire the two amplifiers but nothing happened. I think that might be a voltage drop.

you could always use a spdt relay to send a +12v remote signal to your amps

Comment

Originally posted by 99blkprotegelx
          you could always use a spdt relay to send a +12v remote signal to your amps
          I had in mind to make my self a relay suppling 12 V but how i can make the delay.Sorry what means "spdt". Whre I can find something like this.
          Thanks in advance
          PIII, Intel 733Hz, 256Ram, DVD/CD-RW, 60GB HD, SoundBlaster X-Fi, TV Tuner, M2-ATX, BT

Comment

Single-Pole, Double-Throw... it's a switch layout.

Comment

You can just run the remote wire form one amp to the other amp. Works fine for me and never had a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by volum3rider
                You can just run the remote wire form one amp to the other amp. Works fine for me and never had a problem with it.
                doesn't that cause a voltage drop, or do amps accept a wide range of voltages for remote input?

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by ramy_zohair
                  doesn't that cause a voltage drop, or do amps accept a wide range of voltages for remote input?
                  To my knowledge, it probably does create a voltage drop but then again the remote wire connection on subs and almost every other car audio device only needs a 5 volt signal. I think that they do accept a wide range of voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by volum3rider
                    To my knowledge, it probably does create a voltage drop but then again the remote wire connection on subs and almost every other car audio device only needs a 5 volt signal. I think that they do accept a wide range of voltages.
                    the remote/ignition wire on the Amps... are just there to trigger a relay inside the amps anyway...

you will be fine running the remote amp lead from the M2-atx to the 1st amp and from there to the 2nd amp...

thats what I do.. except I have a Carnetix..
                    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Without load the J6 of M2-ATX has 12 V output.But when you connect a relay there is a Volt dropage and the final output is 5-6 V
                      There is not efficienty power even to trigger a 12 V relay

Comment

Finnaly I found this to solve the problem
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ledswitcha_590.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	2250932
                        R1 - 2,2ΚΩ 1/4W
                        D1,2 - 1Ν4001
                        Q1 - BC639 (NPN transistor)
                        RL - 12V (Relay)

So now the M2-ATX can trigger with low voltage the relay to power the Remote cables

Comment

Working...
                        X