Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M2-ATX Question - 24 Pin Motherboard w/ 4 PIN CPU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • M2-ATX Question - 24 Pin Motherboard w/ 4 PIN CPU

    I have a BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M7 Socket 754 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.



    It has a 24 Pin motherboard connector and also the 4 pin connector to power the CPU. The M2-ATX has the standard 20 pin connection and comes with no 4 pin connector. All P4 motherboard I thought had the 4 pin connector to power the CPU and the M2 says its compatible with P4 and AMD systems yet it doesn't come with this cable?

    Anywho.. Could I buy the 20 to 24 pin adapter but what about the 4 pin adapter to power the CPU??
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

  • #2
    this doesnt help your 24 pin problem but the M2-ATX does have the 4 pin connector, I have one next to me right now. The M1-ATX doesnt.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

    SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

    Comment


    • #3
      It has the connector but it doesn't come with the cable?
      Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

      Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

      First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

      Comment


      • #4
        correct you have to buy the cable

        Comment


        • #5
          Well that's teh gay! Where do I get one?
          Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

          Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

          First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/ca...it.A/id.430/.f

            Final Touches

            Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

            Comment


            • #7
              This blows.. They should either include both a 20 to 24 pin adapter and the 4 pin adapter and charge a few extra dollars or just include them for free.. Now I have to order this freaking cable from a different supplier and wait 5-7 days before I can use this PSU.. Total crap..
              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

              Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

              First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

              Comment


              • #8
                I fully agree. its not compatible with most amd/p4 mobos if its missing that connector.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Exactly.. They market it as "AMD / P4" compatible but you have to buy cables to make it compatible seperately?? Not to mention they don't have any in stock..

                  This is sweet!
                  Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                  Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                  First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    some 24 pin motherboards will run with the 20 pin atx
                    just check with the makers first
                    i know this as the newer p4 775 abit board i have is the same
                    http://www.customcarcomputers.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tbird2340
                      I have a BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M7 Socket 754 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.

                      It has a 24 Pin motherboard connector and also the 4 pin connector to power the CPU. The M2-ATX has the standard 20 pin connection and comes with no 4 pin connector. All P4 motherboard I thought had the 4 pin connector to power the CPU and the M2 says its compatible with P4 and AMD systems yet it doesn't come with this cable?

                      Anywho.. Could I buy the 20 to 24 pin adapter but what about the 4 pin adapter to power the CPU??

                      I just had the same question abou the P4 connector. Thanks for asking it! The answer, however is quite dissapointing. As everyone pointed out, it should come with the cable, or say that it needs it in BOLD. The documentation seems lacking at best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        PCCables has it cheaper
                        linky
                        EDIT:
                        nvm..it's not a 4pin-4pin cable, but a molex -> P4 adapter

                        they also have 20-24pin ATX cables
                        RED 1999 ACURA INTEGRA GSR STOLEN -- CHICAGO 02/27/08
                        VIN JH4DC2391XS002416
                        PLATE ILLINOIS 5287412
                        Team Integra Markings on Rear Quarterpanel Windows
                        REPORT TO 911 IF FOUND

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rainman1
                          I just had the same question abou the P4 connector. Thanks for asking it! The answer, however is quite dissapointing. As everyone pointed out, it should come with the cable, or say that it needs it in BOLD. The documentation seems lacking at best.
                          Yea.. I emailed mp3car about it.. Total crap IMO..

                          I didn't get a manual with mine either but they emailed me a PDF..
                          Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                          Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                          First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cell21633
                            PCCables has it cheaper
                            linky
                            EDIT:
                            oops..wrong link..fixing it now..

                            they also have 20-24pin ATX cables
                            Thanks but that's actually not it.. That will use up one of the two molex cables that the M2 does come with.. What we need is 4 pin to 4 pin..

                            Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                            Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                            First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tbird2340
                              Thanks but that's actually not it.. That will use up one of the two molex cables that the M2 does come with.. What we need is 4 pin to 4 pin..


                              http://www.dc2dc.com/shopdisplayprod...bles+Accessory
                              MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
                              www.mpegbox.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X