Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnitx 1900 + AOpen MiniPC- where to hook in the startup/shutdown wires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnitx 1900 + AOpen MiniPC- where to hook in the startup/shutdown wires?

I have a new Carnitx powersupply and the AOpen 910 mini PC. Wondering if anyone has been able to hookup the startup/shutdown leads to their machine, since it is a very small and sealed up system I was wondering what people might have done to get that aspect to work?

Don't know about the AOpen but basically you want to look for 2 wires that goes to the power button, just tap those two wires.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKTHS
      I have a new Carnitx powersupply and the AOpen 910 mini PC. Wondering if anyone has been able to hookup the startup/shutdown leads to their machine, since it is a very small and sealed up system I was wondering what people might have done to get that aspect to work?
      Yes you can do this with a quick soldering job.
      I used cat5e cable I had lying around, and did this both to a laptop and desktop. The laptop is dead, so now I will be using a cheap desktop I bought. It had 4 points soldered to the board, 2 must have been ground the other 2 were for the momentary on switch.

Works great! I suck at soldering, so if I can pull it off anyone can.
      GL. I will be doing the same for the reset button as well, I'll take some pictures when I get around to it.
      Car-PC progress meter (researching and collecting hardware)
      [-+--------]

Comment

It pretty easy, all you have to do is solder some wire to the on/off swith. Here are some pics from when i did mine, I drilled a hole at the back of mine to let the wires through.

Comment

The carnitix 1900 sound about right at 70 watts. Where did you find it ?
          I'm going Aopen mini PC route now too.
          Aopen Pandora Mini PC, Xenarc700, Windows Media Center Edition Project going into 89 Volkswagen Vanagon.

Comment

Aopen power button to P1900 connection?

Guys...here's a picture that may be a bit clearer.
            Attached Files
            MikeH

Comment

awesome, thanks!!!

Comment

That pics looks different then the one Kalt did, look where the solder is- between the A and O. Mike yours is next to the A.

Comment

You can use the two pins on either side, they do the same thing. Thanks for the Pic Mike.

Comment

Excellent, I don't have to rewire

Comment

does anyone know if the AOpen MiniPC plug-and-play cable kit for P1900 works with the AOpen i945GTt motherboard?

Comment

That kit won't work but p1900 comes with everything you need except a 2.5mm x 5.5 dc barrel connector for hooking up the power.

Comment

Sweet, thanks Kalt.

Did you get the right-angle connector with 6' extension?

Comment

Originally posted by Podaman
                            Sweet, thanks Kalt.

Did you get the right-angle connector with 6' extension?

Yeah i got the one with the extention

Comment

Im going through this thread and im curious, the Aopen has the ac-dc converter as a seperate brick (like a laptop), and when it enters the pc it is DC power?

so all you have to do is take the carnitx and put the barrel on the wires and it works fine?

finally the mp3car kit http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=243
                              would that just be easier/cheaper then doing it yourself? its removeable which is what i want (makes a good lan server, and easier to update that way)....

Comment

Working...
                              X