Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX with HP e-PC

Hi,

I have bought an HP e-PC Pentium 3, 1ghz and 256MB RAM.

The PC uses a laptop Power Cord and what looks like a Laptop motherboard, but with a desktop HDD and slimline CD-ROM drive, so it is very small and ideal for my CarPC.

My question is, I have a M2-ATX and was wondering if there is anyway to use it with this PC?

Cheers
    CarPC
    Intel Pentium 3
    CPU 1GHz
    512 SD-RAM
    200G HDD
    Power Supply
    M2-ATX
    Monitor
    7" In-Dash VGA Touchscreen
    Non-Motorized
    GPS
    USB Receiver
    Software
    N'Lited Windows XP
    Centrafuse RC4
    Running built in Destinator with Aust Maps

Open up the PC and check the connection on the motherboard. If it uses the standard ATX 20-pin power connector, then it should.
    If it uses some other power connector, then you're S.O.L. with the M2-ATX. You may very well be able to use one of the Carnetix models, though.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks,

I have opened the case and the motherboard doesn't use an ATX connector, just a direct connector to a standard AC adaptor plug.

Would a Laptop car adaptor work with a startup/shutdown controller>?

Cheers
      CarPC
      Intel Pentium 3
      CPU 1GHz
      512 SD-RAM
      200G HDD
      Power Supply
      M2-ATX
      Monitor
      Non-Motorized
      GPS
      USB Receiver
      Software
      N'Lited Windows XP
      Centrafuse RC4

Comment

Check the specs of the power adapter for the ePC and compare it to a laptop adapter.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have two of these and I use a 12v to 19v 3.0a converter :-) (which was more expensive than the unit itself!) (the original power supply was 3.16A..)
          Originally Posted by feral
          And for some other name's, how about
          'Free-way'

Comment

here would be a nice one for the price. for a dc/dc converter https://www.batteryspace.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=2306

Comment

HP e-PC motherboard has a built-in power supply. You can buy cheap Dell laptop 19V DC adaptor and plug in like I did.

Comment

how did you power the PC in the car?

I have a HP e-PC also that uses the brick as a power supply. How will I connect a M1-ATX to the computer to go to the cars power/ignition?

Comment

The M1-ATX and M2-ATX are designed for exactly what their name suggests... ATX power connection to a motherboard. As i have found out since creating this thread a fair while ago, there isn't a way to use either of these power supplies with an HP e-PC.

Cheers
                  CarPC
                  Intel Pentium 3
                  CPU 1GHz
                  512 SD-RAM
                  200G HDD
                  Power Supply
                  M2-ATX
                  Monitor
                  Non-Motorized
                  GPS
                  USB Receiver
                  Software
                  N'Lited Windows XP
                  Centrafuse RC4

Comment

I got a car pc adapter on ebay for $20.
                    It is a no name 19v 4 amp dc-dc that runs down to 10v input

looka this ebay auction

Comment

Originally posted by newers
                      Thanks,

I have opened the case and the motherboard doesn't use an ATX connector, just a direct connector to a standard AC adaptor plug.

Would a Laptop car adaptor work with a startup/shutdown controller>?

Cheers
                      What do you mean by direct connector to a standard AC plug?
                      You have the same distrubition system as any psu. There is a 5v ral 12v rail and gnd. You can relocate the cables if you find a 20pin connecor.
                      ibus error
                      GTA skin

Comment

Originally posted by redbullah
                        You have the same distrubition system as any psu. There is a 5v ral 12v rail and gnd. You can relocate the cables if you find a 20pin connecor.

Why is it that alot are still confused with this HP e-PC supply requirement?

The e-PC motherboard TAKE in a single voltage of 19V @ 4A. The motherboard is NOT the same as standard ATX board. The e-PC board is similiar to a laptop, it take in a 19V and all the necessary voltage conversion is done on the e-PC motherboard itself.

Honestly it aint all the difficult to understand if you read the thread properly.

Comment

Honestly it aint all the difficult to understand if you read the thread properly.
                          i did read the thread properly once again and i came up with this question;

ibus error
                          GTA skin

Comment

Originally posted by redbullah
                            i did read the thread properly once again and i came up with this question;

But its already been answered

Answer : The e-PC motherboard TAKE in a single voltage of 19V @ 4A.
                            AC adapter that take in the mains voltage, convert it down to 19V and feed that directly to the e-PC motherboard

You have the same distrubition system as any psu. There is a 5v ral 12v rail and gnd. You can relocate the cables if you find a 20pin connecor

Answer : The motherboard is NOT the same as standard ATX board. The e-PC board is similiar to a laptop, it take in a 19V and all the necessary voltage conversion is done on the e-PC motherboard itself.
                            There is no 3.3V/5V/12V rail to feed, the motherboards built in PSU take care of all that derived from the 19V you feed in using the AC adaptor

Read this if it still doesnt make sense to you >>>

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66606

Comment

Working...
                            X