M2-ATX powers all THIS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX powers all THIS!

AMD Mobile 2800+ (havent touched the clock or voltage, currently running @ 2.13 ghz
    PC Chips M863G Motherboard
    1 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    60 GB Laptop drive
    60 GB Full Size drive
    SB Extigy usb sound card
    Pharos 360 USB GPS
    Compex WLU11A WIFI adapter USB
    bluetooth adapter
    PS/2 Touchpad molded into cupholder cover
    PS/2 slim keyboard
    Geforce 4 mx4000 pci
    Serial port IR Receiver
    OBDII scanner from OBD Diagnostics

Unpowered usb hub with:
    Dedicated Cell phone connected VIA usb
    USB Touchscreen
    USB Mini Keyboard
    another unpowered usb hub with two flash drives installed

I am REALLY impressed by this. I thought i'd have to sacrifice or run my inverter powering the onboard psu for some devices. But The M2-ATX powered all these devices for over an hour connected to a 12v battery i had sitting around. Now my motherboard "says" it has something that allows usb devices to be more "efficiently" powered but who knows if thats crap or not. So maybe this will help all the people like me who wondered if the M2 was really enough
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

cheers for the info.. I ordered a M2 today, fed up of my opus 150 to be honest. It cuts out for no reason.. not often say once every couple of weeks, and its not a loose connection either. Also fed up of the drain on the battery if left in standby mode so bring on the M2. I had a M1 for a bit and was well impressed with its performance so I'm looking forward to testing this M2, like you i'm running amd set up, but mines a seperon 3000+ / 2x256 sticks of memory and at the moment just a 40gig drive. (keep killing my big ones) of course.. 1 x 7 inch xenarc, 2 x 7 inch headrest screens, a lcd 2x16, mini cdrw/dvd slot drive, 1 dlink wifi, 1 vodafone 3g card, 1 usb gps thingy, 1 x bluetooth usb thing, mini rf keyboard, usb joypad for audio stick, dlink usb radio (pile of crap) .. err think thats it, prob missed a few things lol

Cant wait, will get it Wednesday and will install the same day and post results :-)

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

After seeing your post i am seriously considering one of these. I just wanna be sure that it's going to work for my setup:

Via MII10000
      512 mb Ram
      40gb 2.5" HDD
      Notebook CD-RW/DVD
      USB GPS reciever
      USB Bluetooth Adapter
      PCMCIA Linksys wireless NIC
      PS2 KB/mouse
      XMD1000 XM radio tuner.
      Lilliput 7" with USB touchscreen

I power my screen thru the cigarette lighter adaper for now, but if there's enough juice from the M2, i may power the screen from it instead.

Comment

the real power whore is the CPU/mobo....and the VIAs take next to nothing, you should be more then fine.
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

sweet. what's the reliability like on these things....it can get pretty chilly outside too...

Comment

also, is there any way to get the offdelay set to 30 min, and hardoff to 2hrs? I have a habit of going into stores for longer than 30 sec at a time, and don't want to keep the car running

Comment

fook me!

well sonic, be carful and mak sure you have some good cooling on it. nice one.

Comment

Oh i forgot the slot load dvd . Add that to the list as well. I cant wait to get this puppy runnin in the car! As for the guy with the via.. you wont have ANY problem

Comment

I have this PS also and I like it.
                  SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                  GPSing - Digital Speedo
                  Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                  Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

-42C, still fires up.
                    However, I doublt that your M/B will work at these temperatures....

EPIA M1000 seems to handle -35C, while EPIA MII 10K is not as good (-15C or so).

Andrei

Originally posted by kamikaze2112
                    sweet. what's the reliability like on these things....it can get pretty chilly outside too...

Comment

So do you think this ps will power an amd 1.3 (non mobile chip) and a pcchips mainboard? I thought this was for low powered combos only, but perhaps not.
                      --------
                      mykolJay
                      99 Accord coupe
                      http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                      My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

that would be just fine.

Comment

Works great, Im powering a decent system right now with it, 1900+, matx board, msi wireless card, usb 2.0 pci card, full size slot dvd, full size 80gb hd, and 2 green cold cathodes, hasnt flinched.

This is inside, I have to add the screen, usb 2.0 hub, and gps to the mix, but I dont think its going to be a problem at all.

BTW: How many watts generally do 7" lcds pull, geez...I never had to figure all of this out with my inverter, lol.
                          2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

i also have a m2 but i am having trouble powering usb. my usb doesnt work at all. if i plug in my usb hub it lights up VERY dim. i cant even get my touch screen to work.
                            everything tested inside before moving to the car.
                            the thing i have that others dont is my agp card
                            i have a agp graphics card. is this my major power hog? i cant believe it would pull that much power from everything else that i couldnt even use one usb port for my touchscreen.

--- edit ---
                            oh i forgot to mention i have an pentium desktop 1ghz 512 ram 300gig hd and i have tried to plug in my cdr drive and yes it does work. so any suggestions as to why i can power a cdrom drive but cant get any usb working?

Comment

I have mine running right now, but when I am trying to install iguidance (running the map loader), it either freezes my system, or reboots.

As soon as powerdvd trial is installed, ill try watching a dvd and see if it does the same.

If it does, not so good....If it wont stay stable with my fullsize dvd running, then have the rest of the stuff hooked up is going to kill it.

Hopefully its not power related, but Ive got my suspicions

Id be interested to see some more people testing this unit under high load, like trying to play a dvd, or installing something.
                              2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Working...
                              X