No announcement yet.

problem with startup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with startup

ok here is my problem...i have the opus 150 and the car pc is the asus pundit-R ( the one on newegg now is the r350, only diff between that and mine is the northbridge core so no big deal. anyway the way the power button is on that mobo is weird. Its directly connected to the motherboard not via a cable to the mobo that i could just unplug and plug the opus power switch cable in. So now i have to get out of the car to turn the PC. i can shut it down in the car through windows xp but turning it on is the problem.

how do i connect the cable coming out of the opus for the power switch to the mobo so it turns on when the car turns on. The opus is connected to the Acc. line and everything.

How are your soldering skills?
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

soldering skills are not on the top of my "aquired amazing traits" list...but go on...

ummmm.....dunno if it will work, but what about the power on after power failure in the BIOS.... If the Opus completly cuts the power after sitting for the specified length of time, when you turn the car back on, it should look like a power fail to the computer (the same as turning your power bar for your computer on) and everything will boot up?

Why don't you just hack off the power button and wire the Green/white wire from the Opus to that?
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.