opus not starting with car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opus not starting with car

i have the opus 150 plugged into the Asus Pundit R...the opus is also powering my screen. works fine as long as i feel like getting out of the car to turn the computer on becuase i had no where to plug the power switch cable off the opus to. then i read the thread about here about soldering to the bottom of the pundit r board's power switch. so i did that and then when i plug it in right when i connect the opus the fans spin and everything for a few seconds then stop and nothing works. even if i press the power button nothing works. Whats the deal? how do i make it so when i turn the car on the opus turns on and the computer boots?

I must be missing something here, why cant you just connect the yellow power wire to a switched wire on the ignition like it should be?
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

the yellow wire is connected to the Acc. line

however off the opus is a green and white cable that is supposed to plug into the mobo for the power button...the Asus Pundit R computer i have uses a power switch that isnt via a cable to the mobo, it is directly conected to the motherboard, so i cannot plug that power switch cable out of the opus into anything so that it sends the turn on command to the computer when the car is started

Comment

So take the power button off the wires and splice them into the motoerboard connector with the green/white wires.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

try reversing the end that connects to the opus.
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

the button is directly on the motherboard, its hard to believe but its like right on the board and i have no way to get to it ? solutions anyone? -

Comment

treat it like a laptop & solder to it.... sounds like the only solution to operate the power switch remotely...

if that's not possible (it has to be) then a last resort will be a mechanical device to push the switch... a door lock actuator & a cam can do this, or my favorite is an idle solinoid from an old gm carburated car.... used to call them idle kickers.... a small electrical plunger that used to kick the idle up slightly when the a/c was engauged... used mostly on 6 & 4 cylinders.....push any switch it's mounted in front of really..... but soldering is definatley the way to go....
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

so if this mobo was in a normal case how would you switch the pc on? I dont know the board so this is an honest question
                Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

the mobo is a barebone system (Asus Pundit R) it wont function in any other case other then the one it came with. i tried soldering it, my skills arent too great, but it didnt seem to worki just cut the green and white cable out of the opus and soldered the green and white to the bottom of the mobo...if anyone has the asus pundit R and soldered it correctly can you post pictures of how it is done on here?

also, does the opus need some kind of configuration to work right because like i said after i did the solder and connected it and everything it turns on, all the fans spin for a few seconds, then shut off

Comment

post a picture of the button on the mobo.
                    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

i'm pretty sure there are threads about people hacking that connector on here somewhere. I was going to get a Pundit, til I found one.....there was definatly a wierd soldering trick they had to do........let me see if i can find the thread.
                      PC Components:
                      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                      My work log

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=Pundit

PC Components:
                        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                        My work log

Comment

goto this page for your answer

PC Components:
                          My work log

Comment

every once in a while my system does the wierd thing where it powers on.....then goes right off.....and its only when while its off I unplug, then re-plugin a USB device. The way I fix it (and probably not recommended) is to plug in the opus while the acc line is on....then the system powers right up.....and then i wont have a problem until I unplug a device again and plug it back in
                            PC Components:
                            My work log

Comment

uh oh

ok so i soldered the cable on and i think its done right i used the post before to look at the picture of how to do it...now i have a problem...i plug in the opus, plug in the USB for the screen and plug in the screen into the opus molex, all the fans spin and then shut off..it does this over and over again i unplug the usb and plug in back in and it goes back on and off...the opus is being powered through a 2 farad cap just so you guys know...whats the deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X