No announcement yet.

My first setup how do I power it??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first setup how do I power it??????

Hello this is my first set up I don't know how to power it

I Got a

-Intel D101GGCL ATI Socket 775 MicroATX Mobo
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...BM-101GGCL-506

-Intel 775 Celeron 2.96 Processor
    -512 Mb kingston 2.5v
    -60Gb Regular hard drive
    -laptop CD-rom

Well I was thinking about buy an Opus 150psu because I don't need to much power I think I write to them explaining my situation but never receive an answer.

I find out about DSATX 220W but AND I like it better because it has much more power but I'm not sure yet.

The problem now is that This mobo has a 1 x 4pin P4 12V and
    1 x 24pin. And the Opus 150psw has 1x20pin and don't have the 1x4pin
    I find out that I can buy an adapter to convert 1x20pin to 1x24pin but I still don't know what to do with the 1 x 4pin P4.

Please help me out

thanks guys
    One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

opus does have the 1x4 pin, its part of the loom that supplies the disk drives.
    You need to use a power calculator, work out exactly how much power you need. If the opus will power it then its really down to if you want to spend the extra money or want the extra features of the DS
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68636
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for answer

Thanks guy the link was very helpfull I just red .Power The topic Supply work with my system?

And I find out how much max power draw my CPU need 84.0W

So I think the opus won't power up my system cause it just give me 60w
        12v rail is 5A. 12v x 5A = 60w

So is like V8.SCIMITAR say:
        If the opus will power it then its really down

So I find some others POWER alternatives like that give me enought power

Mini-Box M2-ATX
        12v rail = 8A (96w)
        3.3v rail = 8A (26.4w)
        5v rail = 8A (40w)

zootjeff's DSATX
        12v rail = 12A (144w)
        3.3v rail = 10A (33w)
        5v rail = 12A (60w)

WHAT DO U THINK GUYS is the Mini-Box M2-ATX a good choice I say that cause is shipper than DSATX, but if it don't gonna work I supouse I got to make a sacrisfy and buy the expensive one DSATX.

Thanks again and I will wait for your answer.
        One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

Comment

[OT]

Camden, NJ? The U.S.'s "Most Dangerous City"? Yikes.. good luck!!

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1105/279567.html

[/OT]
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

What I think is that you've got too much cpu for a car. Put that in a desktop and get a lower power cpu, that one is way overkill for a carpc. Or, get an inefficient power inverter that can do like 400w and get a separate startup/shutdown controller.
            My Worklog

Comment

Another proposition?

No body have a better proposition that the last post?
              :'(

Comment

While I agree with peecee, the choice is ultimately yours.
                One thing I would take into consideration is the number of issues users have been having with M2, including a design flaw that I'd consider significant.
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  One thing I would take into consideration is the number of issues users have been having with M2, including a design flaw that I'd consider significant.
                  Please elaborate.

Ya, threadjack (somewhat), but I haven't seen you post it anywhere else, so thought I would ask.

For the OP, your system is WAY TOO MUCH for a car. Can it be done, ya, with a DC-DC PS, I doubt it. Get a pentium or Celeron or AMD in the 1.0ghz range.

Michael
                  ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Ok Guys

I SUPOUSE I GOT TO SEND MY OLD CONFIGURATION BACK
                    Cause I already have a P4 3.0 Desktop PC

What do you think about this configuration.

Bios Star mATX
                    Amd Sempron 3300+ 2.00Ghz

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Tab=2&NoMapp=0

it says that just draw 62w max so i supouse opus can power up that right????

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ec_Rev_ENG.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                      Please elaborate.
                      The people having issues powering their systems, the flaw with the four-pin 12v P4 connector conflicting w/ a capacitor....
                      My point is that there are more people having issues with M2 power supplies than there are having problems with DSATX power supplies.

I SUPOUSE I GOT TO SEND MY OLD CONFIGURATION BACK
                      Cause I already have a P4 3.0 Desktop PC

What do you think about this configuration.

Bios Star mATX
                      Amd Sempron 3300+ 2.00Ghz

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Tab=2&NoMapp=0

it says that just draw 62w max so i supouse opus can power up that right????

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ec_Rev_ENG.pdf
                      I gave you a link to help figure that out already. Read that FAQ again and follow the instructions contained therein. You'll get your own answer.
                      How about the Wiki?

Comment

Um...

Thanks Dark, I'm asking cause I just want to have the right things, cause I don't want to have power issues after I buy all, that's why I want to know and make sure about a good confg.

I already red the link that u gave me before, an if the sempron draw 62w may be the opus car power it or the DSATX, but the true is that i would like tu use the opus no just cause is more ship because looks like is the better one.

I find out that the amd's draws less power than the Intel, the power with those procesor is the heat but I supouse that a good paste and fan can fix that.

can any body give me a good config. with amd, that works with opus??

thanks again guys

Comment

Why do you need so much cpu? You gonna be playing HD content back on a 42" widescreen tv? Maybe running some bloated Office products? Seriously, you really don't need all that much cpu. I think a cpu that draws more than 50w is asking a lot.

Get a power inverter, don't do DC-DC. A good 400-600w inverter from an RV store will do what you want. Couple that with a startup/shutdown controller, and you'll be fine.
                          My Worklog

Comment

I alredy get it

I understand what you just tell me, I was looking for a processor with less power on the internet stores and they are hard to find they are athlon xp 2400 that the lower one.

What is the higher config. that is good to have on a car????

Comment

Dude, you've got a link that has a list of every single processor made and thier wattage.
                              If you're dead-set on using an Opus, then you know you have about 50-55w of power you can dedicate to the CPU. Go look at the sheet and determine which CPUs will fit that box.
                              How about the Wiki?

Comment

Working...
                              X