M1-ATX having some trouble here. plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1-ATX having some trouble here. plz help

Alright well today is the day i finally get everything in to start my carputer install and i can't even get power to the motherboard. Is there anyway I can check if my M1-ATX works? I've been hooking up the M1-atx to the car's wiring where i would put a cd player at. I put the ground wire to the ground wire, the red 12v to the red 12v and the white igntion wire from the m1-atx to the yellow igntion wire of the car(a friend with the same car said the yellow one was right). The only thing connected to the motherboard is the big M1-atx white plug. I didnt connect anything else. Did i do something wrong? i tried matching the two pins on the motherboard where a power button would work. Still nothing.

I would check the power wires that you used with a test light or multimeter to ensure they are getting power , and the fuse

You may have to set the jumper for the power off mode and make sure that J6 is still connected to the motherboard power switch pins like you mentioned.
    Mazda 323 with XBOX based SQ system
    Running Xbox Media Center

Comment

there was no jumper on my power supply

Comment

with my M!-ATX, the jumpers for J7 ( the 4 pairs of pins used to configure the power mode ) were attached to the bubble wrap with tape.

But the jumpers are a common PC type
        Mazda 323 with XBOX based SQ system
        Running Xbox Media Center

Comment

alright well i'm about to go get a 8 gauge wire to hook this thing up one more time. And i guess i'll put a jumper somewhere on J7. it should work right?

Comment

Ok I hooked up a 6 gauge wire going straight from the battery to the M1-atx and a 6 gauge wire going straight from the m1-atx to the cars chasis. So it should be grounded and received power. Now i hooked up the motherboard to the m1-atx with the big white plug. I turn the key, turn the car on. Match the motherboards pins together and nothing. Not a fan twitch or anything. And i'm sure the motherboard is fine i had it working a couple hours ago on my case Power supply. I dont have any jumpers set on the m1-atx. What am i doing wrong?

Comment

oh and i'm using the wires that came with the m1-atx for the power and ground and i connected them to the 6 gauge. Should the 6 gauge wires be connected straight to the m1-atx(power and ground)? I checked power through the wires using a headlight bulb and it came on perfectly. I also put the bulb on the bottom of the m1-atx while it had power connected to it and it lit the bulb up perfectly as well. I'm hoping theres just something small i'm forgetting like a jumper setting or something. The ignition wire isn't hooked up either could that be why?

Comment

Ignition wire would have to be hooked up or M1 will not know when to turn on. But are you sure of the yellow wire? Feed 12+ to the white wire terminal on the M1 and see if that starts the carputer (after five seconds). If so, then the yellow wire on your car is NOT the wire to use for ignition.
                Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

ahhh alright brb let me go try that

Comment

alright i tried connecting the ignition to the power wire and still nothing. I tried matching the pins on the motehrboard and nothing happened. Do you think having J6 or J8 might have something to do with it? because they are on and off switches. Do they need to be connected or is it ok for them to be disconnected and still power on?

Comment

Use the two pin wire to connect J6 to motherboards on/off pin. That is how the motherboard gets the signal from M1
                      Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Alright i figured it out. I had the ground wire connected to the igntion lol. Yea i did a noob but oh well. I got everything running and such but it just feels like something is bound to go wrong and catch fire. Thanks for you guys help. Has anyone ever had the m1-atx catch fire? It just seems real unsafe.

Comment

Working...
                        X