My M1-atx is draining my battery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M1-atx is draining my battery

Thank fully i have a manual i've been push starting the car because the battery has been dying alot. What's the deal with this thing. My wiring is as follows

6 g. wire from battery to the m1-atx and grounded 6g. wire to the m1-atx, and the big white plug from the m1-atx to the motherboard. that's all that is wired. Also after installing this car pc my ECU blew which was a $1100 dollar Hondata K-pro ECU. Dunno where to start with that problem

Take a look at the M1-ATX manual.

You need to wire up to the ACC/IGN line as well and set the ABCD jumpers on the M1-ATX.

Comment

ah that makes sense. let me go give that a shot thanks

Comment

It's still draining my battery. My battery is dead every morning.

Comment

Are you charging it? After it is fully discharged you can't expect to get enough charge from driving it. Also, batteries don't like to be discharged. It may well be dead if you discharged it fully. Take it to a shop and have them check the battery. If it is good, then charge it overnight.
          My Work Thread:
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
          Source switcher for Lill
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

Comment

Heres a diagram of my wiring now.

Comment

How do you have it jumpered? I'm assuming the M1 has jumpers similar to the M2.
              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

5sec/45 second is the setting.

Comment

i just looked it up. Our jumpers are the same thing. I'm using setting 1 with 1 jumper on A.

Comment

Originally posted by EricE
                    Are you charging it? After it is fully discharged you can't expect to get enough charge from driving it. Also, batteries don't like to be discharged. It may well be dead if you discharged it fully. Take it to a shop and have them check the battery. If it is good, then charge it overnight.

If, as you say, you have needed to push start it several times, your battery is probably shot. This ALSO could be the cause of your ECU failure. Jumpstarting can cause a large spike in voltage in the system, perhaps your ECU didn't like it.

Have a mechanic check your battery (or check it yourself with a voltmeter to start), I bet the battery is no good anymore.

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I figured out what the eCU problem was, it was a bunch of fuses and i fixed em. How do i charge the battery other than leaving the car running?

Comment

Battery charger.. Seriously.. Where do you live?? Autozone will test your battery for free to see if your wasting your time.. Drive it down there.
                        Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Ah alright i'll take it to autozone then.

Comment

Check your alternator while you are at it. Should be >13.5v with the engine running.

Unlikely, but could you be drawing more amps to your carPC and sound system than your alternator can supply?

Comment

When I installed my carpc I connected the battery to the ignition wire on the M1-ATX (stereo harness was labled wrong!). M1-ATX drained my battery, too...shouldn't it shut down no matter what when the battery voltage gets too low?
                              Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

Working...
                              X