Atx Power Good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atx Power Good?

hey all, almost finished putting together my sproggy 2.6 kit from mastero, which i might add is an awesome kit!!

anyway, i'm using it on an atx mobo, and i noticed on the sproggy page, there is no atx wiring diagram for the 2.6. do i wire it up the same way as the 2.5 atx connections (what i have stared doing)? is there a power good requirement for atx? if so, which pin does it go to? looking at the diagram for wiring the atx plug, i notice that pin 14 is open on the 2.5... is that power good?

also, atx requires 3.3 volts....right? so am i supposed to switch out the regulator on closest to the power good cmos chip, or do i switch out the one that is closer to the middle of the top of the board.

thanks

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

i guess this will help you just dont connect the pin 14 to anything....

Mastero

ps

power good can be of 3.3 or 5 v rail so you can use any .... which ever is running through the 4049 chip .. thats your powergood volt

Comment

thanks for that...

now, which of the regulators do i change for the 3.3V?

what is the "remote" terminal (next to 12V in) hooked up to?

~mike

Comment

its better to have the 3.3 running form the power good

The remote connection means when you connect the +12 and the ground .. then when you connect the remote to +12 the psu kicks in so you can connect the remote to a switch or connect to kick on when your player kicks in ...

mastero

BTW how do you like the kit ??? i hope it was userfriendly .. were all the tags and lables there?

Comment

okay, so i can just connect a momentary switch between the 12v and the remote terminal, then then when hit the button, the psu will turn on.

on the 3.3v question, i dont think you are understanding what i am asking. if i use both max787's on the board, i will get 5V on two sets of output pads..... atx mobos will require 3.3V on one of the outuput pads... in order to get 3.3V i need to switch one of the max787's out for a max788. that will give me 3.3V on one pad, and 5V on the other pad...

i was trying to determine which of the max chips to remove. the one next to the cmos, or the one toward the middle of the board. but, i have since figured it out.... you replace the one that i next to the cmos chip. that should give you 3.3V on the pads labeled 3.3V.

oh and about the kit... very well done... the only thing i had a little trouble with was the small parts labeling. i figured out the diodes since they are labeled on the side, but the small capacitors gave me a little trouble. resistors were easy, i used a web page the decodes the color bands on the side and tells you what the values are. oh, the only other prob i had was that a few of the diode leads were too big for the holes, but i filed them down a bit and made them fit... but those really werent that big of a deal. nothing to major that i couldnt handle. i used too much wire on the atx connector, but that is my own fault!!!

~mike

Comment

Working...
          X