M2-ATX J3 (Ignition) Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX J3 (Ignition) Question

Did some searching but didn't get the exact information i needed, then again i the search engine might not understand fully my querry. Guys just one question: Thus the J3 (Ignition) require a constant 12V signal?

Wire the IGN/ACC to a 12v that comes on when your accessories (radio, headunit, lights) come on. The cigaretter lighter circuit may be a good point to tap it from if you do not want to break into your steering column.

The M2-ATX uses that input to determine when to turn on/off your computer depending on your ABCD jumper settings.

If you wire that that to a constant always-on 12v, the M2-ATX thinks that your car is always 'on'.

Comment

The ignition wire harnes is a bunch of wires that run up into your steering column. They can easily be accessed by removing the front dash panel below your steering wheel. An ignition wire will be thicker gauge and show 12v when your key is in the start and run positions. Actually you can use either the black/yellow or black/orange wire in your particular car according to: http://www.directwholesale.net/diagr...p?link=BULLDOG
      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
      ATVMS.com

Comment

thanks for the reply guys but i'm wondering if it is really needs a contant 12V or a 12V pulse can do? I'm thinking of remote PC power-up/wake-up via wireless and the IGN signal is the only problem.

Comment

In the context of your question: constant 12v for the IGN/ACC line

Comment

Originally posted by piabu
            In the context of your question: constant 12v for the IGN/ACC line
            thanks a lot pal! then i need to source for electronic switch...
            hmmmmmmmn... Anyways this this thread is done unless someone says
            that a pulse would do.

Comment

"a pulse would do"

momentary to constant output relay. I think there may be a few threads on them here as well.

Or you can always modify the M2-ATX firmware to handle your scenario if you have a PIC programmer.

Comment

Yeah, I used a SPDT relay connected so one pulse locked it to feed 12v to the M2-ATX. The other contact was energized by the amp turn on. This allowed for a pulse start. Using the 10min offdelay built in to the M2 I now have an automatic system to allow for pulse start but not keep the comp on past ign turnoff. Total cost was about 2 bucks.

Comment

nice piabu!
                  i'll try to look for this part!
                  By the way, do you have the firmware code?
                  I'll try to hack it if i have spare time!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon123
                    Yeah, I used a SPDT relay connected so one pulse locked it to feed 12v to the M2-ATX. The other contact was energized by the amp turn on. This allowed for a pulse start. Using the 10min offdelay built in to the M2 I now have an automatic system to allow for pulse start but not keep the comp on past ign turnoff. Total cost was about 2 bucks.
                    WOW! a cheap way of possible remote turn on. By the way do you have the schematic diagram of your set-up, specific to the subject? Hope you can share with us... hope you don't mind

Comment

http://www.epiacenter.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=529

Hardcoding the softoff/hardoff delays that you are using in your application immediately frees up 4 inputs (ABCD) for other custom purposes.

I am trying to bitbang a UART so that the M2-ATX can output realtime input voltage level information, but with no success yet. The current code is just too tight at the moment. And my assembly skills are not quite up to speed.

Comment

tnx again piabu!
                        i'll look into the firmware this weekend found a good source of information:

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#mtc

will try the hardware part before going to firmware.

cheers!

Comment

This is kind of an old thread, but did you ever find a solution? I have my M1-ATX ign input hooked up to my parking light circuit. It's double diode isolated, of course, so the cars ign wire doesn't turn on the parking lights, and the parking lights don't turn on any other accessories. When I hit the unlock button on my alarms remote, it turns the parking lights on for 30 seconds. When I lock it, it just pulses the lights, so it's not enough to turn the m1-atx on. I was going to use the - pulse from the accessory output, but didn't feel like messing with more relays then I had too, especially when this worked so well, and was so easy. I can unlock my car from like 10 feet away, and by the time I start the car, Xp is all loaded, and NO MORE AMP TURNON THUMP!

So, If you have and alarm, or even just keyless entry that leaves you lights on for more then like 5 seconds, this would be an option.

EDIT: oh yeah, the12volt's relay section rocks!
                          -ZtH01
                          "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

Working...
                          X