No announcement yet.

Mobo or PSU?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobo or PSU?

I tested my m2-atx w/M2 10000 mobo inside and the cpu fan turned on but the mobo did not post. I then tried a regular atx psu and it did the same thing. im guessing that it is my mobo or maybe something is not hooked up right. Its a 500w power supply that i tried this with. Should i plug it in the car and try that to or is that a waste of time?

I bought this item as a package deal from If the mobo or psu is bad can i still get a new one. i do not have any papers for either the mobo or psu? Thanks in advance for your help.
    05 Str8 Black XB

Check out my project so far!!

Check out some other picks of my car!!

I would suspect the MB.

Do you 'know' the other PS is good? If so, check all the connections, re-seat the RAM and try the desktop PS again.

Still no luck it would seem to be the MB.
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

same thing

i had the same thing happen to me after my m2 blew the 5 volt rail. so i thought it was the motherboard i had, i bought a new motherboard, got a new m2, hooked everything back up and....still no post, but the good news, the fans still spun! Anyway, i just got so fed up with it i started new with a laptop...if anyone knows what could be doing this let me know too.