DSATX problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX problem!

Ive been using my DSATX for a few months now with no problems. Just yesturday is stopped working, the red led doesnt come on nemore. I checked the +12V, GND, ACC and fuse, everything is fine. I did a search and I guess I need a new firmware update. Why would this happen out of the blue? Heres the thread, exact same issue.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=dsatx+work

If anybody has the update or can tell me how to fix it that would be great. Thanks

Originally posted by 4.0 SOHC
    Ive been using my DSATX for a few months now with no problems. Just yesturday is stopped working, the red led doesnt come on nemore. I checked the +12V, GND, ACC and fuse, everything is fine. I did a search and I guess I need a new firmware update. Why would this happen out of the blue? Heres the thread, exact same issue.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=dsatx+work

If anybody has the update or can tell me how to fix it that would be great. Thanks
    contact zootjeff directly,

do you have the interface cable?(Serial or usb?)

somehow what happened on mine(according to zootjeff(i sent him the PS)) the firmware got erased.

zootjeff stands by his products 150%. he will help you get squared away.
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

If your DSATX serial number ends in 4805, there is a 50/50 chance that it will develop a firmware glitch unless you've sent it back to be updated.

The problem is in the brownout detector thus when the voltage falls below 2 volts, the EEPROM memory can get corrupted. This causes the power supply to act weird or not work at all. All DSATXs ending in 1306 do not have this problem.

You can send it back to mp3car.com, or PM me and send it back to me for an update..

-Jeff
      MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
      www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by gameboy
        zootjeff stands by his products 150%. he will help you get squared away.
        The only reason (well, besides 220 watts of power) I ordered my dsatx which is due to arrive tomorrow.

zootjeff, you think my dsatx which I ordered from mp3car.com last week will have the same issue?
        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Originally posted by Zebelkhan
          The only reason (well, besides 220 watts of power) I ordered my dsatx which is due to arrive tomorrow.

zootjeff, you think my dsatx which I ordered from mp3car.com last week will have the same issue?
          No. All the units at MP3Car for the last month or so have been fixed. Look on the back of the unit at the serial number..

-Jeff
          MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Alright...Just got it in and serial number ends in 1306!
            Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Originally posted by zootjeff
              No. All the units at MP3Car for the last month or so have been fixed. Look on the back of the unit at the serial number..

-Jeff
              will i have probs too!! serial644805 REV 1.6
              cheers
              @sh
              wales
              uk
              Not done much but its a start :
              http:[email protected]..m/MySpace.html
              Free to take a peek :
              @sh :

Comment

Working...