Weird inverter problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird inverter problem

Bought myself an 150W inverter last week.
    But when I connect a ATX-power supply to it, it begins to tick like an relay is beeing operated and no ouput voltage. It works fine with lamps, glue-gun ....
    This happens regardless if the atx supply is 70w - 350w.
    But on one of my supply's, a 150W one. It ticks for 5-10sec and then turn on.

Anybody knows anything about my problem?

BTW, this happens regardless if the ATX supply is connected when I switch on the inverter or if I connect it afterwards.

Done some more testing now.
    Opened my inverter and it is the beep'er that's making the ticking sound. The beep'er only gets power in 1 nano sec or something so it just tick's instead of beep.

I also tried my brand new 350w atx supply and this works. I hear 1 tick before the inverter gives power but that way better than the old atx supplys I've tried so far. But now my inverter(yes, my inverter and not my atx supply ) makes this buzzing sound.
    Is there a way around this?

Comment

Buy another inverter ?
      Just curius, that inverter square wave, modified square or pure sine wave?
      - Will work for Bandwith -

Comment

Originally posted by didiet78
        Buy another inverter ?
        Just curius, that inverter square wave, modified square or pure sine wave?
        No, the next thing now is an DC-DC supply!

It stands "Modified sine wave" on the back of it.

Comment

That 150w inverter isn't really good for much, maybe a small laptop.

Try getting something bigger if you stay the inverter route.

Comment

the noise is due to the inverter being overloaded. You need to use an inverter rated about 25-30% higher than your PSUs rating. Even if you are drawing that much it just does not work right in some situations.

Comment

Originally posted by zanor
              No, the next thing now is an DC-DC supply!

It stands "Modified sine wave" on the back of it.
              You need more wattage inverter or u need to limit inrush current your ATX power supply.
              - Will work for Bandwith -

Comment

Cut the ground prong off the power cable. It might not help, but you don't really have anything to lose in trying.

Comment

Thanks for all your replays!

But never mind, just ordered an M2-ATX

And btw "numbers", there is no connection to the ground in the outlet of my inverter.. Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X