9v batter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9v batter?

Would a 9v battery be sufficient in testing the m10000 by itself? (regulated through an m1-atx of course)

do you mean a 9v lantern battery, or a 9v "stick-on-your-tongue-for-fun-as-a-retarded-kid" battery?

From the description in the MP3Car store, it can go between 6-24 volts input and a short burst of 5.7v for crank. I guess if you are in that area, it will be ok...

Why do you ask?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Running some tests at home with no atx power supply to really borrow-and yes im referring to the retarded kid's battery. So you suppose this would be efficient in the short run?

Comment

I suspect you will have a very dead battery very quickly.... try it though. Tell us the results
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Possibly could work, for about 2-3 seconds and then shutoff.

In little robotic competitions, we used 9v to power them. We had about 8 of them, and we got 1 good run out of them, and then they didn't have enough juice.

9v don't carry much power. I would just pick up an old PSU for like 5 or 10 bucks. If you can't then old car battery. If you can't again then get a lantern battery from like RadioShack if you have to.
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Maybe if you stick say.....fifty of them together.....!

You need not only volts, but amps too. I am not sure what the amp rating on one of those batteries are but it cannot be more than a few milliamps....You probably will need 4 to 5 amps (at 9 volts) to give you enough power to go through M1-ATX and then to the mobo...
            Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

just thought of something else. The built in controller for turning off voltage if it drops to much would be tripped always, so i don't think it will even power up.

Comment

Working...
              X