Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX, What's J10 D?

Hi!

Just ordered M2-ATX and going trough the manual now. In the section covering the timing jumpers there are 7 options, but jumper "D" is never used. Is this used for any other function?

EDIT:

And what happens if I turn my car back on while PC is still shutting down? Or if I turn off my car while PC is still booting?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...umper+settings post 6 for the jumper question
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by zanor
      And what happens if I turn my car back on while PC is still shutting down? Or if I turn off my car while PC is still booting?
      Shutting down while the PC is booting is bad news. You can bork Windows system files and bring about the need to repair/reload Windoze.
      Trying to power on the PC during shutdown will do nothing.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar
        Thanks! That was exactly what I was hoping for!

Comment

darque, if the pc is shut down at any stage, but using a readonly CF install. does it matter in any way? I'm guessing not.

i intend to run my carptuer this way eventually.
          Current:
          [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
          [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by sama
            darque, if the pc is shut down at any stage, but using a readonly CF install. does it matter in any way? I'm guessing not.

i intend to run my carptuer this way eventually.
            Yes, that's my goal too! Not having too wait for the system to shut down every time
            I had HORM running on my harddrive just to have fast shut down time, but I turned it off again because I had some complications about not beeing able to write to D: either. But I'm going to do a new try when I get money too buy a 1GB CF card

Comment

Originally posted by sama
              darque, if the pc is shut down at any stage, but using a readonly CF install. does it matter in any way? I'm guessing not
              Couldn't tell you, as I'm not booting from a CF card.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Anyway Darque, I don't think you understood me. Because I wasn't talking about cutting the power to my carputer while windows was booting. I was talking about turning off my engine so the M2-ATX looses it's signal on the IGN input. And then the M2-ATX want's to shut down my PC by "pushing the acpi power button" but the PC dosent get that signal because it's still booting and then if M2-ATX is set to do a HARDOFF afterlets say 45sec then that will cut the power to the PC.
                But I'm going to go for the 1hour/1hous 15min sequence that v8 scimitar pointed me too so that's not going to be a problem no more.

Comment

Working...
                X