Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i fry my m1-atx? can i use another PS to test the mobo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i fry my m1-atx? can i use another PS to test the mobo?

i was in the process of moving my carpc from the front to the trunk area. it powered up fine initially during the move in one of my tests to make sure..

there are two wires coming from my LCD that run to the power supply. i plugged them in backwards at firsts. saw the monitor wasnt coming on. plugged them in correctly. then i notced the computer wasnt powering on when earlier in the day it was.. i put a volt meter on the m1-atx pins .. most of the pins show only a couple millivolts. the "5V_SB" shows 5v and the 12v pin right below that shows 5v.. but most of the rest of the pins show nothing.. is this a dead m1-atx? my guess is yes

oh and when i give the pc power, only the processor fan spins. but i have to kind of help it along to get started spinning...

second question is can i get a friends 300 watt power supply and use it in place of the 90 watt m1-atx just for testing purposes, or is this too much for the motherboard (epia m-10000). im not sure if more wattage can fry a motherboard

kind of sucks.. the only thing i can think that could have done it was plugging in the lcd power wires backwards

any help is appreciated

thanks
    eddie

Originally posted by megagoo
    i was in the process of moving my carpc from the front to the trunk area. it powered up fine initially during the move in one of my tests to make sure..

there are two wires coming from my LCD that run to the power supply. i plugged them in backwards at firsts. saw the monitor wasnt coming on. plugged them in correctly. then i notced the computer wasnt powering on when earlier in the day it was.. i put a volt meter on the m1-atx pins .. most of the pins show only a couple millivolts. the "5V_SB" shows 5v and the 12v pin right below that shows 5v.. but most of the rest of the pins show nothing.. is this a dead m1-atx? my guess is yes

oh and when i give the pc power, only the processor fan spins. but i have to kind of help it along to get started spinning...

second question is can i get a friends 300 watt power supply and use it in place of the 90 watt m1-atx just for testing purposes, or is this too much for the motherboard (epia m-10000). im not sure if more wattage can fry a motherboard

kind of sucks.. the only thing i can think that could have done it was plugging in the lcd power wires backwards

any help is appreciated

thanks
    eddie
    Wattage can't harm anything, only voltage can.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

ok well i plugged an extra power supply in and everything works perfect. the only question left is how did i blow the m1-atx?

could simply swapping hot and ground wires coming from the m1-atx to the LCD fry the thing? hopefully my monitor is ok. christ i hate when this happens

Comment

Working...
      X